Fearless Predictions - 2012

James beats Chucks passing record and sets others as well but is beat out of first team all big ten by shoelace! ESPN/east coast bias rears it's ugly head!

I will continue to make a lot of money. I will keep less of it though as Obama taxes my face off for the next 4.5 years.

Iowa starts the season 1-1 with a very close win and a very close loss. Iowa loses to Minnesota at home, but beats Nebraska at home. Iowa wins its bowl game to get to 8 total wins.

I will continue to make a lot of money. I will keep less of it though as Obama taxes my face off for the next 4.5 years.Iowa starts the season 1-1 with a very close win and a very close loss. Iowa loses to Minnesota at home, but beats Nebraska at home. Iowa wins its bowl game to get to 8 total wins.

Keep the political crap in the Cave.

I will continue to make a lot of money. I will keep less of it though as Obama taxes my face off for the next 4.5 years.Iowa starts the season 1-1 with a very close win and a very close loss. Iowa loses to Minnesota at home, but beats Nebraska at home. Iowa wins its bowl game to get to 8 total wins.

I believe the Dline will be over taxed, the Oline will work hard, but get no benefits, and that JVB will not reach his full potential due to over-regulation.

I will continue to make a lot of money. I will keep less of it though as Obama taxes my face off for the next 4.5 years.

Iowa starts the season 1-1 with a very close win and a very close loss. Iowa loses to Minnesota at home, but beats Nebraska at home. Iowa wins its bowl game to get to 8 total wins.
I might internally combust if we lose to Minnesota again.

More fearless predictions:

Iowa will lose to one team from Indiana (my guess, Purdue)

Iowa will beat Northwestern and Minnesota

Iowa will beat one of the three tops teams in the Legends: Michigan, Nebraska or Michigan State. My guess is Nebraska to finish 7-5.

Garmon will be awkward but then show the promise that made him a highly rated recruit. (I'd say then he will get arrested/injured but would just be cliche)

A 7-5 record from this team will be much better than a 7-5 record from the 2010 team for so many reasons

By the end of the year, the defense for the following season will start to look like the most exciting part of the team.

People will still complain that Ferentz should be fired.

He won't be fired.

Iowa will play in the Gator Bowl against some SEC Speeed. And win!

Basketball will start and Iowa will have a special team that returns to the NCAA Tournament.

Lotta love for the O out there so I will make the following predictions on the other side of the ball...

Lowery will block a FG/PA attempt.

The Hawkeye inside game will be tougher up front than expected and we won't see any opposing RB rush for more than 135 yds in a game. Average rushing yards allowed will be 145.

QB play being what it is in the B1G, the Hawkeyes will have 14 interceptions on the season including three pick 6s.

The Hawks will give up a big one over the top that costs us a game we should have won. KF won't be happy about it and neither will some of those here who complained the CBs gave to much cushion last year.

James Morris is healthy all year long, and is 1st team All Big10

Hyde is 2nd team All Big10

The Hawks will have a chance to win the division in they win the last two Big10 games, Vs Michigan and Nebraska.

I always love your positive imput. I can always count on "glass half empty" before I read your posts.

I don't think my post was "glass half empty", especially when I was responding to a guy who seriously think Vandy will throw for 4000 yards.

My post was moar "There's water in the glass...if you get thirsty, you can drink it, but I'm not sure how cold it is".

I don't think my post was "glass half empty", especially when I was responding to a guy who seriously think Vandy will throw for 4000 yards.

My post was moar "There's water in the glass...if you get thirsty, you can drink it, but I'm not sure how cold it is".

No one said 4000 yards...he only needs 3739 to break the record. You would expect, given the circumstances; JVB being a senior now, our running game being less settled, and the fact that we may be behind in more games this year, that throwing the ball is going to be paramount. Lump in that Greg Davis's history dictates that he will ride the part of the offense that is working...it certainly reasons he will throw more often. Then you look at the fact that our TE's look impressive, our backs can catch the ball, and you begin to think, we could throw it 60-65% of the time.

I just assumed the yards would come with more completions.

We will see.

OP, that's a very well worded prediction. Good wordsmithery (obviously I am NOT a very good wordsmith).

I fearlessly predict a victory over NIU. Top that!

Would love to see all these guys overachieve, including JVB. But I'm going to take it all as a building season. There will be some high points this year but there's going to be some head scratchers as well. Next year the Hawks start showing some real flash. Then 2014.

See Thread Robinson vs Vandenberg...I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it's a possible outcome this season.

I'm going to go out on a ledge and predict that everyone will bag on the dline whether they play well or not simply because they struggled last year. Not saying they'll be good, but can we please get a few games out of the way before we make judgements as to how good/bad our dline is...
Also applies to all those who are doing nothing but defending their reasoning for us to "struggle" this year. Let's just let the season play itself out. I'm estatic that the season's finally here so I'm just going to enjoy it and save assumptions for later in the season once I have a chance to see how the teams developed. Rant over.

JVB has a huge year but still can't make up for a pitiful defense and the team record will inhale vigorously.

Good God dude, how about we let the D play a few games before deciding if they are pitiful.

Actually my bold prediction is the D will in the top half of the conference in rushing D by time it is all said and done.

I also predict that in the event the Dline steps up over achieves then all those that should be eating crow will be riding the coat-tails of that very same dline and playing the "I knew they'd come along" card. Also predict that regardless of how they actually perform there will surely be those that continue to complain.

I say, put your bold prediction in your signature at the bottom of your posts...then you can see what a moron you were for your prediction...and you can't hide from it.

Latest posts