Fat Bert and the Boys vs Iowa: The Game Thread

If you go back and watch the pick 6 he wasnt supposed to score, Campbell looks at the sidelines and tries to stop

Only the 8th 9 win season in Kirk’s career.

This. As much as he can drive you crazy, there aren't many who I'd trade him for. His son, different story. I'm not a fan of hiring friends or family. Changes the natural dynamic that should exist between coach and assistant.

When I compare the joy I've had at times over the years under Kirk to the Mizzou fans around me. The second they lose traction, they demand a new coach and start the process over. And their joy is few and far between.

But, I also don't demand a national title. It would be cool and all. But if I measured Hawkeye success by national titles, life would be miserable.

If you go back and watch the pick 6 he wasnt supposed to score, Campbell looks at the sidelines and tries to stop
They really have to stop! Bad enough with the uber conservative can't even get a field goal before the half stuff but your not gonna run in the pick six to run more clock when you are already up double digits?

The game is for the fans. They might make a day of it or at least look forward to it on Saturdays. Big inflation and they spend their money going to the game. Why are you not factoring them in? You want to pull up on pick six's and Hail Mary's don't exist even at home. Start thinking more about fans who come to see you make plays not hold back or pull up short of scores esp. for no reason.

Last edited:
Who else would have been super stoked by a 10-2 or at least happy with a 9-3 season over the past summer?

And yet it feels like this team has underperformed.

Who else would have been super stoked by a 10-2 or at least happy with a 9-3 season over the past summer?

And yet it feels like this team has underperformed.
With our schedule and perhaps expecting Petras to take the next step and winning the last 6 games to end the year we should have expected 9-3 and 10-2 going in. That 2 game skid at a point where we should have been rounding into shape and hitting on all cylinders should feel like underperforming. Nebraska can go toe to toe at Wisconsin. We did worse than we could have in both the Purdue and Wisky games.

Latest posts