Fast Break Clarification Question

MelroseHawkins

What now constitutes fast break points? In the past, I always thought of fast breaks as the offense out running and going right to the rim or a quick jump shot on a break. I look at Iowa's stats and last night are credited with 25 fast break points. I don't for the life of me recall 10-12 times Iowa breaking getting to the rim or a quick shot out of a break. This offset Iowa's poor shooting of the 3 ball as Wisky only had 4 pts on fast breaks.

Maybe there is a fine line or I don't quite understand what all can constitute fast break points.

Is it getting points when the offense outnumbers the defense, like who is running the floor better?

7d851c768839e2825d1c0313293fecbc_large.jpg

Yeah someone in the game thread corrected me when I said the free throws made the difference by pointing out the fast break points. I don't remember that many fast break points in last nights game so I'm curious about this as well.

I tried googling it and got very little information. What I did get was conflicting. Come on you smart assed know it alls, we want answers!

Maybe it has something to do with a certain amount of time on the shot clock? That's all I got.

Latest posts