Fantasy Football

spudhawk

I am just curious how many people particitpate in a league or multiple leagues. I play in one. Before the "incident" there was a thread about it on here. I also had a question about keeper leagues and how other people handle it.

I play in one league only and it is PPR so its more fun...I'm about to get 3rd out of 12 teams if Longwell doesn't keep missing field goals and taking me negative...

I am in a 10 team ppr league. This is only my second year doing this. I finished the regular season last year with a 10-3 record but lost in the playoffs. This year I finished 11-3 in the regular season. Right now I'm down by 10 points with DeAngelo Williams playing for me. Hopefully he can pull it off for me so I can go to the championship game. 250 dollars on the line!

I always play in multiple leagues, but only one that really counts and is for money. In that league I have wrapped up a win again this week, onto my first championship with these guys in my four years with them after getting 3rd the last couple. I better win, I need the money more than they do.

I am in 3 leagues, only one for money. I was knocked out of the playoffs last week on Monday night with Fitzgerald doing nothing and Vernon Davis scoring to beat me. :(

I am in just one league and it is for money. Just finished my third year with my elimination last weekend. It is a keeper league. Each of the 12 teams can keep up to 3 guys each year. I have had Randy Moss all three years. Worked well and helped me to championship games in previous two years. This year... not so much... Williams also helped me last year. Same as Moss this year though...

I'm in 3 leagues but most my attention goes into the one I've been in since '05.
It is auction based (which is hands down better than draft imo). 12 teams, 3 divisions. Keep 2 players a max of 3 years with 20% increase in salary year 2 and $10 (fanasy $) in year 3. The 2 players must be a different position. TE score .5 pt per reception. We've also added in pt benefit for big yardage games like 400+ passing etc...
I've been in several leagues and this is the best. Probably what is most important is having owners that care and don't give up after week 4.

I was lucky enough to start Jerome Harrison this week and had 180pts :)

I'm in 3 leagues but most my attention goes into the one I've been in since '05.
It is auction based (which is hands down better than draft imo). 12 teams, 3 divisions. Keep 2 players a max of 3 years with 20% increase in salary year 2 and $10 (fanasy $) in year 3. The 2 players must be a different position. TE score .5 pt per reception. We've also added in pt benefit for big yardage games like 400+ passing etc...
I've been in several leagues and this is the best. Probably what is most important is having owners that care and don't give up after week 4.

I was lucky enough to start Jerome Harrison this week and had 180pts :)
Wow - you started Harrison after he didn't play that much the week before. That was a great call by you. I had picked him up a few weeks ago but didn't start him, but was lucky enough to win in one league. Congrats to you!

I am in 4 leagues and am in the championship this week in 2 of them!

Ray Rice is the Fantasy MVP this year (as calculated by value/draft pick)

I am in the championship this weekend and expect to win this week. I have Rogers at QB, Chris Johnson at 1 RB spot and Wes Welker at 1 WR plus Dallas Clark carrying my team. Anything I get out of the rest of my roster is a bonus.

My league will expand from 10 teams to likely 16. We would like to make it a keeper but are struggling with making it fair to the new members. Right now the solution seems to be only 1 keeper for each team and letting each new member declare one player his "keeper" for the upcoming (read: next year) before our next draft. We have a pretty simple system and only start 9 players out of a 18 player roster. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (either a TE or a WR) 1 D and 1 Kicker. You must have a back up at each position and can carry one extra player at any position on your bench. Our live draft took roughly 3 hours last time with 10 people and we would like to keep it to 4 hours or less. It was pretty much all business with everyone making their picks quickly.

Any suggestions for the expansion?

I am in the championship this weekend and expect to win this week. I have Rogers at QB, Chris Johnson at 1 RB spot and Wes Welker at 1 WR plus Dallas Clark carrying my team. Anything I get out of the rest of my roster is a bonus.

I just smoked a team featuring Chris Johnson, and Wes Welker along with Brees to make the Finals.

Yeah Clark and Ochocinco carried the team last week for me. I guess I neglected to mention Chad. New Orleans D has been stellar for me until last week.

I'm in one money league. Playing in the championship this weekend, although we give most of our money to the team with the most points at the end of the regular season. If I win this weekend, I win both.

I got lucky when I got 'stuck' with Chris Johnson in the draft. Also got 'stuck' with Sidney Rice and Steve Smith (NYG) as well. Thought I had an awful team......ended up dominating (on points). Thought my only stud was Peyton Manning. Probably about my 10th year with the same groups of guys.

The key was picking up TE Finley when he came back from injury. Prior to that, TE was my only weakness.

Always try to draft Nate Kaeding for good luck and most years I get him.

only in one league. last couple years have bombed, but in the championship this year. not too many super-elite players, but a lot of good ones (rivers, ray rice, etc)

next year if i play in more than one league I am going to draft an entire team of only players that have had criminal convictions in the past...

I play in one league with some guys at work...day of the draft a guy backed so we agreed too let my 12yr play and payed his $30 entry.....he got the final slot in the playoffs and beat #2 and #3 seed and is now playing me for the title. Needless to say there has been some serious trash talking and side bets ( dishes )....it's been alot of fun though. He only gets the profit and is paying me back the entry.

My then eleven year old beat me in a championship game last year in a free ESPN league. I am still dealing with that. Good luck to you. :)

Locked up the Championship today. My share of the pot is $135. That should cover about 30% of the cost of my books for my long awaited return to college.

I won too. I think my mvp today was Reed Doughty keeping Jason Witten out of the end zone on that 69 yard pass. That would have made the rest of the night uncomfortable for me. I will use the money in Miami.

Latest posts