Fan Travel considered?

ChrisABraden

I know TV ratings are important, but as we all know Iowa travels well for it's teams.... Does this not matter in the selection process for the tournament?

I think two wins gets us in, but if we have the most raucous fans in Chi-town that couldn't hurt, right?

I know TV ratings are important, but as we all know Iowa travels well for it's teams.... Does this not matter in the selection process for the tournament?

I think two wins gets us in, but if we have the most raucous fans in Chi-town that couldn't hurt, right?

Iowa travels well to warmer climes over the holidays to support its football team, but I'm not sure that extends to March for basketball. We don't have the record of the past zillion years to support that, and you'd be hard-pressed to make the case based on regular season home attendance. :eek::(

Fan Travel Consideration doesn't apply to March Madness ...

Is this a serious question?

Judging by the empty seats you see in a lot of the arenas the last few years it probably should but won't.

Doesn't matter at all. Only things that do matter: resume wins, lack of bad losses.

Iowa has very little of either. Short of winning the Big 10 tournament, they are not going to be in the NCAA's. It just isn't going to happen without the auto bid.

Judging by the empty seats you see in a lot of the arenas the last few years it probably should but won't.

Empty seats in the arena does not necessarily mean the venue has not sold the maximum allotment of tickets. If we scrutinize a random host location, say, San Jose, California, we see that they have eight separate teams playing in an arena that seats approximately 18,000. In theory, each school would have a little over 2,000 fans, however, since seeding procedure places favored teams in advantageous locations, so, accordingly, the lower seeded teams will travel farther distances, and sell less tickets. The denouement of this situation manifests a series of middle seeded teams with lukewarm crowd support.

SXSW started on Monday and continues through next Saturday, so it won't be a factor. Not like they don't have multiple things going on at the same time anyway. Curious to see how things will go this fall when the F1 race and a home UT game happen on the same weekend.

Doesn't matter at all. Only things that do matter: resume wins, lack of bad losses.

Iowa has very little of either. Short of winning the Big 10 tournament, they are not going to be in the NCAA's. It just isn't going to happen without the auto bid.

So, even making it to the championship game wouldn't be enough? Sorry I'm not that pessimistic.

Latest posts