Fake anti virus pop ups that kidnap your browser

MNHawkeyeFreak

Frequently when I'm on this site on my phone, iPhone 7, only after viewing forums for a short time, I'll get one of those antivirus ads that take your browser hostage saying that 28% of your phone is full of virus threats, yadda, yadda, yadda and I need to agree to have it fixed. Of course the only option is a "close" button (yeah suuure...I'll click on that) or close the browser.

Now I would expect this when going into one of those "stories" where you have to click next after each sentence (after searching for the correct next button) but on this fine site, one of your advertisers is apparently taking advantage of users.

Anyone else having this issue?

Frequently when I'm on this site on my phone, iPhone 7, only after viewing forums for a short time, I'll get one of those antivirus ads that take your browser hostage saying that 28% of your phone is full of virus threats, yadda, yadda, yadda and I need to agree to have it fixed. Of course the only option is a "close" button (yeah suuure...I'll click on that) or close the browser.

Now I would expect this when going into one of those "stories" where you have to click next after each sentence (after searching for the correct next button) but on this fine site, one of your advertisers is apparently taking advantage of users.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yep...happens on the Iphone 6 as well. Drives me crazy every time it happens....

This site is a total hot mess when it comes to pop up ads and fake virus windows. Jon or whoever now runs this wasteland needs to address it.

I'll try the Brave browser. Tnx.

Latest posts