Faith Ekakitie & Sean Draper

HawkeyeHypnosis

Hello, my name is . . . Faith Ekakitie | TheGazette

Good read on Faith. From article:

What Iowa coaches said

Recruiting coordinator Eric Johnson: We’ll see where it goes. Faith and Jaleel [Johnson, another Iowa DL recruit] are guys we targeted from the get-go. They’re bigger bodies and really*good-looking guys.*. . . Those guys from a size standpoint probably have a little bit of an advantage*over the other guys [the DEs Iowa recruited in this class in reference to early playing time]. We have to see when they get here on campus.

Faith has long arms.*He originally came to the states [he's from Brampton, Ontario] to play basketball. Football was a secondary thought. He is a very, very good athlete.

Last edited:
Re: Faith Ekakitie

Faith has long arms. He originally came to the states [he's from Brampton, Ontario] to play basketball. Football was a secondary thought. He is a very, very good athlete.

It's about time we got a well-endowed DL.

klugshort1_medium.jpg

Karl Klug Has Tiny Little Arms - Black Heart Gold Pants

Re: Faith Ekakitie

You get athleticism in the interior DL and it reverberates throughout the defense. Watch the SB, and impact the interior DL's made for both the Pats and the Giants.

I'm really excited about the defensive line talent over the next few years. Really like Darian Cooper to go along with the true frosh, and I expect we'll get a "good story" or two out of the DE's. Depth, is something this team is building overall, and that may be most important aspect of the last three classes(2010-2012) recruiting.

So, often at Iowa there's been dramatic dropoff in talent from the first string to the second and I think we'll see less of that in the years to come.

I'm wondering how the end of 2010 might have been with a two-deep on DL that had real athleticism. So, many of those tight games we had in 2008, 2009(well, depth-experience at QB more than anything in those two "L"'s), and 2010. You have have a dozen or more second string players who can play, especially on defense(obviously a lack of RB depth also stands out in two of those seasons)and you can stretch maybe a 11-2 season into an undefeated season and a 5 loss season into a two loss season.

Can't say what will happen with future attrition but, my guess is it doesn't remain at such a high percentage level. We should have good depth along in the lines in 2013, and on. Hope we can get some young DL's to step up this year.

Just saw they posted 2 articles. Here's the second on Sean Draper.
Hello, my name is . . . Sean Draper | TheGazette

From article:

What Iowa coaches said

Recruiting coordinator/TE coach Eric Johnson [I observed that Draper looked "slight]:*Actually, he’s kind of a thicker kid than you’d think. He’s a*great-looking kid in person than you might think. He’ll start out at the corner position and we really like*him. . . . [I observed that Iowa*likes to start kids at corner and see where it goes.] Right, you can always move a kid inside.

Last edited:

Good read on Faith. From article:

What Iowa coaches said

Recruiting coordinator Eric Johnson: We’ll see where it goes. Faith and Jaleel [Johnson, another Iowa DL recruit] are guys we targeted from the get-go. They’re bigger bodies and really*good-looking guys.*. . . Those guys from a size standpoint probably have a little bit of an advantage*over the other guys [the DEs Iowa recruited in this class in reference to early playing time]. We have to see when they get here on campus.

Faith has long arms.*He originally came to the states [he's from Brampton, Ontario] to play basketball. Football was a secondary thought. He is a very, very good athlete.

can we steal him for basketball he can play center.

Man, Draper can fly. He is moving at a speed no one in those highlights matches. He has a glide to him like DJK did in those vids. He may be returning kicks next season.

I would be surprised if Draper doesn't find a spot of KO and PR. He is a flat out athlete from his tape. He just needs to lose a little of that showboat stuff and he'll be very good.

I think it's interesting that Faith was worried about players not socializing with other students, like they avoid it. Have some faith, Faith! You're your own man in college, nobody tells you who to hang out with but you (and I suppose the person you're attempting to hang out with haha).

True story, I met up a friend of mine at the bars a few years ago and she said "I'm bringing one of my friends, that's OK, right?" So she shows up with this huge dude and she introduced him as her friend "Adrian". I was like "This guy HAS to play football here, right?" but of course I didn't say anything because it seemed somewhat racist in my mind to ask if some guy I just met plays football just because he's big and black. I went over to her place another time and he was already there and he left 20 minutes later, so I figured that was my opportunity to ask her if he played football. Her response was "Haha, of course he does. You don't know Adrian Clayborn? He plays defense..." "Ohhh...I figured"

So Faith, you don't have to worry about only hanging out with other players and you may or may not end up meeting some bonehead who doesn't know who the heck you are.

This concludes my run-on post.

I think it's interesting that Faith was worried about players not socializing with other students, like they avoid it. Have some faith, Faith! You're your own man in college, nobody tells you who to hang out with but you (and I suppose the person you're attempting to hang out with haha).

True story, I met up a friend of mine at the bars a few years ago and she said "I'm bringing one of my friends, that's OK, right?" So she shows up with this huge dude and she introduced him as her friend "Adrian". I was like "This guy HAS to play football here, right?" but of course I didn't say anything because it seemed somewhat racist in my mind to ask if some guy I just met plays football just because he's big and black. I went over to her place another time and he was already there and he left 20 minutes later, so I figured that was my opportunity to ask her if he played football. Her response was "Haha, of course he does. You don't know Adrian Clayborn? He plays defense..." "Ohhh...I figured"

So Faith, you don't have to worry about only hanging out with other players and you may or may not end up meeting some bonehead who doesn't know who the heck you are.

This concludes my run-on post.

What's amazing about your story is that you didn't recognize who Adrian was even after she introduced him....