Faith Ekakitie Blog

Ouch, doesn't seem like he was that high on the Hawks from that blog. Kind of like his decision was made for him (for Oregon and Northwestern at least)

Makes you realize that what a lot of people complain about for our recruiting problems tends to be true. Kids like a big city, they like the flash. Iowa really doesn't have that and it shows in not getting some of the bigger recruits.

I love Iowa, but it really is a disadvantage.

Iowa was in the final 3, i really don't see that as a problem. Northwestern is in his pseudo hometown, and one of the finest academic institutions in the country. Oregon was just in the National Championship, and are in the Rose Bowl this year.

We'll see if he stays until senior day. Given recent attrition to the DL and the team he had #1 I'd be shocked if he stuck around for his entire career at Iowa.

We'll see if he stays until senior day. Given recent attrition to the DL and the team he had #1 I'd be shocked if he stuck around for his entire career at Iowa.

?? Not understanding your reasoning here. One of the reasons he is coming here is he will have a chance to play right away.

?? Not understanding your reasoning here. One of the reasons he is coming here is he will have a chance to play right away.

Most of the **** this guys posts doesn't make sense at all. He always looks for the worst possible scenario.

I'm glad Faith has decided to come to Iowa, but after reading his blog it sounds like after getting turned down by the pretty girls for his senior prom... he settled for the fat girl with the great personality.

I'm glad Faith has decided to come to Iowa, but after reading his blog it sounds like after getting turned down by the pretty girls for his senior prom... he settled for the fat girl with the great personality.

Disagree. I see it as they took themselves out of the mix before he made his decision, not that he chose them and they didn't want him. People are just looking for a way to be negative lately.

I expect him to be a great (and much needed) Hawkeye.

Disagree. I see it as they took themselves out of the mix before he made his decision, not that he chose them and they didn't want him. People are just looking for a way to be negative lately.

I expect him to be a great (and much needed) Hawkeye.

I wasn't meaning to be negative... I'm just a little disappointed that he didn't really sound as excited about the Hawkeyes on his blog as the other programs. Like you, I think he's a fantastic prospect and think he'll be a great Hawkeye. I also think he'll realize, once he gets here, that he definitely made the right decision.

I think our D-line may surprise some people in the next couple of years.

Iowa was in the final 3, i really don't see that as a problem. Northwestern is in his pseudo hometown, and one of the finest academic institutions in the country. Oregon was just in the National Championship, and are in the Rose Bowl this year.

Indeed. I read this very differently than the pessimist. He comes from a high end prep school and is a very bright kid...Northwestern is one of the top 2 academic/football combo programs in the country (along with Stanford). And it's in his back yard.

Oregon can "buy" any player they want. They may do it within the rules...or at least barely within the margins, for now....but the University of Nike has a unique advantage.

That's pretty decent competition.

Last edited:
Lucky for us Northwestern won't take Juco transfers unless they had the grade/ACT combo for admission as freshmen so we won't have to worry about him moving to Evanston. I bet Fitz had some really animated conversations with some folks in the admissions office. .2 on the GPA really stings, kid should have moved to Downers Grove and he would have graduated valedictorian.

Latest posts