Fairweather Johnsons

austinhawk

Just in case all you haters are being negative Nancy, just remember that UCONN went 4-7 there last conference games before winning it all in 2011. GO HAWKS!!!!!

Just in case all you haters are being negative Nancy, just remember that UCONN went 4-7 there last conference games before winning it all in 2011. GO HAWKS!!!!!

You know I have been accused of being negative. I tend to think pointing out deficiencies is not being negative. The argument back always is this isn't the hawks of the past, can't compare teams, so don't bring up 4-7 UCONN that was 5 years ago.

The reality is we have a team that has become soft. Defensively we are soft, uncontested 3's teams eating the offensive glass, not using our length and the full court defense of teams like Texas, West Virginia, Louisville...we have a team designed to press. Wisconsin's weakness was against the press, we should of came right out and set the tone early.

We have an offensive team that is unable to adjust. Teams know to put fresh legs on Uthoff and punish him, push him off his spots, and when you do he tends to disappear, which leads to our offense stalling. Last night you could see possession after possession where we never even reversed the ball. We were dog tired late and went home with 3 time outs??? Izzo would of used all 3 within 3 minutes if he had too...and he would of had someone's arse, or they would be on the bench.

However, I will root for them, I will continue to hope they get their mojo back. However, I also have every right to question how this team and staff operates...it's America.