Fair weather fans

Very justified. And who whould have thought Minny would score 24 at MSU, against MSU's "good" defense.

Crazy to believe considering how good MSU's defense is. If I were a Spartan fan, I would try and justify based on the four game gauntlet they just finished: @ Columbus, OH (W), rivalry game vs. Michigan (W), huge top ten match-up night game vs. Wisconsin (W!), road tilt against ranked Nebraska in Lincoln (flat L). That's a tough slate. MSU's D did settle down and limit them to 7 points in second half, no points in Q4. Iowa's D on the other hand gave up 2 TD's at the most crucial time.

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years and will always spend my Saturdays in Kinnick. With that said, I dont care if we beat the packers next week, there is absolutely no excuse for losing to Minnesota and Iowa State.

Are you saying "fair weather fans" are fans that were upset about last weeks game? I am pretty sure fans that were ticked about last weeks game are still fans of the program, it's not like they stopped supporting them, they were just ****** about how the game went.

the nebbie fans are complaing about their teams loss, does that make them fairweather fans, nope actually it shows fans support their team, i would be more worried if the boards were this silent after a loss, and what do you think the Michigan fans are doing? if you gessed they are unhappy and blowing off steam you would be correct

As some others have stated, the message board meltdown following a terrible loss at Minnesota was justified. The D played better today, but we were still very close to seeing the umpteenth blown fourth quarter lead(double digit, too) in the last couple years. I think there are plenty of fans who are just so tired of seeing the same late game collapse over and over that the sense of relief has overwhelmed the excitement of beating Michigan.

I would never call a fellow Hawkeye a Fair weather fan. I actually think fair weather is so stupid. Just because fans are frustrated and predict a loss doesn't mean they dislike them any less.

Great day to be a Hawk!!

How did the term fair weather fan get a negative connotation? Aren't we all fans of fair weather?
Who doesn't like fair weather? Farmers in need of rain? Eskimos? Umbrella salesmen?

Are you saying "fair weather fans" are fans that were upset about last weeks game? I am pretty sure fans that were ticked about last weeks game are still fans of the program, it's not like they stopped supporting them, they were just ****** about how the game went.

ostrich

**** this topic, I hate this crap. Youre saying the only true fans give blind obedience to the head coach and say nothing bad about him? Not how things work in this country, Comrade.

Do you even know what a fair weather fan is??? We won and it was a good win for sure but dont let it blind you to the fact that we lost three games to some of the worst teams possible. Dont call people out because we won one big game ...... everyone that is a Hawk fan had every right to blow up after what is an inexcusable lose to Minny.

ok...everyone back on now

Would Mike Stoops have shut out the Wolverines?

This is why you don't post like ******* after one game, weird....Minnesota took MSU to the brink at East Lansing. It's college football and 18-22 yr old kids, stuff happens.

I guess KF can coach again right and Coker isn't too slow?

I hope you don't even enjoy Iowa games anymore because you're miserable people that give this fanbase a bad name.

We won the game and I am very stoked about it however that doesn't change the fact that there are some glaring issues that the coaches need to work on. Today we played well enough to compensate for some of the questionable decisions. Last week we did not.

We won the game and I am very stoked about it however that doesn't change the fact that there are some glaring issues that the coaches need to work on. Today we played well enough to compensate for some of the questionable decisions. Last week we did not.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am also absolutely fricken stoked we won!

To the OP ... How about we just enjoy the win and not try and call out people who were upset and frustrated by a bad performance last week ... It's a message board ... People are going to voice all kinds of concerns/frustrations, etc. Let it be ... The Hawks won ...

People need to quit whining about the Minnesota game. Yeah we should have beaten them, but what is done is done. They can't be that terrible, they almost knocked off USC and this supposedly superior MSU team.

The fact is that games are all about the match-ups and teams that are the most successful are teams that match up the best against everyone. We didn't match up as well against Minnesota as we should have. With that in mind, had Hyde played CB against ISU, I don't think that game goes to OT.

Latest posts