Fair catches inside the 10

That is or was the coaching point but now so many teams have such fast guys going downfield and downing the ball at the 1 or 2 yard line. I dont mind the fair catch at the 9 or 8 yard line taking one or so steps backwards from the 10.

Our problem is our very inconsistent offense that cant run wide, not run very good, nor get receivers open enough.

I dont remember seeing one 15 to 20 yard post pattern today which is a staple route of the pro style offense.

I might be mistaken.. but didn't JJ catch a punt in the endzone and bring it out (got tacked at the 8 or so). Got bailed out by a MSU penalty (rekick) then let that punt bounce at The 20 and roll inside the 15? How are you this clueless???

I might be mistaken.. but didn't JJ catch a punt in the endzone and bring it out (got tacked at the 8 or so). Got bailed out by a MSU penalty (rekick) then let that punt bounce at The 20 and roll inside the 15? How are you this clueless???
One would think the coaches would have given him a guideline before they sent him out. Or better yet put one of our experienced returners out there! Regardless of the penalty we still lost the 10 or so seconds off the clock!

Please explain the clueless comment.

Please explain the clueless comment.

The clock was very low in the game and we have had terrible field position all day (partly because JJ keeps fair catching inside the 10), JJ fields a punt on the goal line instead of letting it go into the endzone. Bringing that kick out gave us much worse field position and wasted clock. But there was a MsU penalty so he got lucky.

Punt number 2 wasn't as good (I believe it landed around the 20) and instead of running up there and fair catching (giving us decent starting field position and saving time) he lets it bounce. Giving up field position and wasting clock.

2 plays. 0 football intelligence

Thanks for the clarification, I thought you were calling out someone as clueless for questioning the strange decisions made by our PR. It appears that basics are lost , I’m going to shut up or a will begin a rant about the 2010 Wiscky game.

Spike the damn ball.

Latest posts