Explanation for No Rudock

Rudock is a steep drop from JVB. Sokol will be our starter next year and there would be no reason to play him this year and lose 1 of his two year's of eligibility.

Rudock is a steep drop from JVB. Sokol will be our starter next year and there would be no reason to play him this year and lose 1 of his two year's of eligibility.

Unless Rudock is going full on JC6 there is no way on God's green Earth the drop can be that steep.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am wholly confident in accusing you of talking out of your bottom. Short of being an assistant coach, how could you possibly know how far behind Rudock is? The Spring Game? Open practice? Do tell....

Even if what you are saying is true, there is still no reason why he could not have gotten some snaps at the end of the Penn State game. If anything you need to protect your starting QB then if Rudock is that bad.

Considering it was my first post, I wouldn't believe me either, but that it what I was told by someone who attends practices each week.

Well in that case, shouldn't we have pulled JVB in the 4th to protect him from getting injured in a meaningless game where we had already lost two starting OL? There's no good answer to why Rudock didn't play.

Well in that case, shouldn't we have pulled JVB in the 4th to protect him from getting injured in a meaningless game where we had already lost two starting OL? There's no good answer to why Rudock didn't play.

Valid point. Can't really answer that one.

Imma go out on a limb here and say that ol' T-Hok doesn't know what he's talking about.

I understand the skepticism based on my number of posts. The person who told me this attends practice each week. He also said (this is prior to PSU game) that JVB's confidence is pretty low and KF and Davis are struggling to find an answer.

I understand the skepticism based on my number of posts. The person who told me this attends practice each week. He also said (this is prior to PSU game) that JVB's confidence is pretty low and KF and Davis are struggling to find an answer.

I'm not skeptical based on the number of posts, I'm skeptical because I've run across hundreds of guys like you over the years who claim to know something. If you'd liek to share the name of this person, I'd be happy to believe you.

I'm not skeptical based on the number of posts, I'm skeptical because I've run across hundreds of guys like you over the years who claim to know something. If you'd liek to share the name of this person, I'd be happy to believe you.

Totally understand. But you too have to understand that generally speaking, those who have inside information provide on the condition of anonymity.

May or may not be true, but it is the only plausible excuse I've heard for JR not getting reps.

If this is true then this coaching staff has set back the program 3 years for absolutely horrendous recruiting and development at the most important position in football.

Totally understand. But you too have to understand that generally speaking, those who have inside information provide on the condition of anonymity.

And you also remain anonymous. So is it your source that is betraying the trust of the program, or are you betraying the trust of your source?

Thanks for understanding though.

I've heard this as well, but don't understand why they don't pull him for a series or two so he can watch from the sidelines. What ever they have tried to do to reinstill his confidence isn't working so far.

Time stands still for great players in the heat of the game. It's in fast forward for him currently.

Last edited:
It's no question that Vandy's struggling this season and if his confidence is rattled, which I don't see how it couldn't be, then he definitely has no reason to be on the field. QB is a position where you have to be able to have the mental toughness to bounce back after a bad throw and not be afraid to make play. If the confidence isn't there then he shouldn't be either. Just one more reason that we need to go the back up route.

If James is the best QB we have then that becomes irrelevant if he is lacking the confidence in himself to make a throw or take a shot down field. I want a QB that's arrogant enough to know that if there's even the slightest opening of a window to an open receiver then he's putting the ball in that spot without second guessing himself.

IF Rudock will be backup to Sokul next year and we want to RS Sokul to save him, still no reason not to put in Rudock. Game was lost, save Vandy from injury. Not sure how the game could of gotten worse with him in there. THE GAME WAS OVER long before the final buzzer. Give someone some reps man!

I don't trust any opinion on this staff when it comes to evaluating talent. These are the same guys that would of had Weisman sitting on the bench for 3 years of blocking for someone else. You don't know if a guy can play until he gets out there with the bullets flying. If JR is so inept that they are scared to even put him on the field, then I am not sure why he is at Iowa in the first place. Further, the only thing that can be worse at this point is if Greg Davis suited up and played QB, so the argument about a dropoff to JR does not register with me.

Latest posts