expectations unrealistic??

If you know you are deficient in a certain area, this year being Linebacker, wouldn't you make some adjustments to counteract that? My point is, with the loss of Angerer and Edds, two NFL players, why in the world would you ask Troy Johnson, Morris and others to cover wide receivers down the field.....again. Why wouldn't you put some defensive backs on the field when it was 4th and 10, HELLO, PASSING SITUATION! When Pryor took off for the 10+ gain, it might have helped to have some DB's on the field to try to run him down, not Linebackers. Also on the basically winning reception, why is Troy Johnson covering a receiver all the way down the field?

This all relates to expectations. The expectations were fair, what's not fair is putting players in terrible matchups, etc...Make some coaching adjustments with personnel for sake!

Thanks, tm. I haven't seen where he's admitted to being wrong, but I sometimes stay away from the board after losses like we've had, so it would have been easy for me to miss.

I was talking more about the phrasing, where admitting he's wrong is equal to "giving any more blood". To me, that's the definition of thin-skinned, and if those 2 things really are equal in his mind, then it's probably time to stop making predictions.

I also find some holes in the logic where he predicts 12-0 and the fans also expect big things, then when it doesn't happen, the main culprit when it comes to assigning blame are the people who had "unrealistic expectations." That seems to be a pretty big copout from putting any of the team's problems on the coaching staff.

Yeah he said sometime last week that he was wrong, and he's done it on Soundoff too. I haven't seen him repeat it yet this week, but he's said it recently. So the "not giving blood" stuff is just telling the people demanding more than an admittance of being wrong that they aren't going to get what they want.

Latest posts