Ex-Hawkeye Brunner has had buona pro career

I will never judge someone and their choices. If Des Moines is right for him then so be it. Right now Des Moines is right for me will I die here I don't know. I have had many opportunities to live in other cities, but find Des Moines has everything I look for in life.

My personal top 5 for where I live right now

1) No to little traffic (I don't want to spend a large chunk of life stuck in traffic nor have to plan around it)
2) There is plenty to do if you keep an open mind and enjoy what you have to do and not long for what you don’t have
3) I am half way to traveling everywhere in the US
4) Really good people and smart
5) Still pretty safe life (crime does seem to be on a rise and would like to see that change)

Screw all those ratting list what is right for you is right for you. If you want to live in Italy do it, but I think it's strange to judge someone who didn't. When it comes down to it no matter where you choose to live you are still looking at that place through the same set of eyes.

It is impossible to disagree with you, Imported, and it is a safe city and filled with friendly people....

At night I leave my side patio doors open, up and down for the breezes in the Summer, have done so for 30 years and have never had a problem.....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DM has always had good water, the water in WDM is terrible. Dm water has no taste which I consider to be a benefit. My sister Maureen lives in the Philadelphia area and her husband works for the Waterworks. When they were here on vacation one year, he visited the DM Waterworks and was very impressed by the quality of the water, equipment and management. Said they were far advanced to the system in Philadelphia. Suppose that would be true in any large city in the US.....

It is impossible to disagree with you, Imported, and it is a safe city and filled with friendly people....

At night I leave my side patio doors open, up and down for the breezes in the Summer, have done so for 30 years and have never had a problem.....

Um, dude, didn't you get rung up on a legally questionable traffic offense by an a-hole off-duty cop? When I was in college, the WDM cops pointed a gun two inches from my temple and it'll be a cold day in hell before I would ever live in that dump.

Um, dude, didn't you get rung up on a legally questionable traffic offense by an a-hole off-duty cop? When I was in college, the WDM cops pointed a gun two inches from my temple and it'll be a cold day in hell before I would ever live in that dump.

Yes, and I appreciate your advice on the matter. That was kind of you OK4P, I will appreciate it always....

WDM, Windsor Heights and Altoona cops think they are Dirty Harry. DM police are much better, but are losing their kindness, I have heard. No sense of humor.....

There is a huge intersection in Altoona by a truck stop where the traffic lights are slanted and it is difficult to tell which lane one is in. I turned left and an Altoona rookie cop pulled me over. I explained that I appeared to be in a turning lane because of the position of the lights and the punk slapped his holster and said: Are you arguing with me. I told him that I was merely explaining the situation to him.....

Didn't get a ticket that time for some unknown reason.....

Latest posts