Everyone referencing the Woody "foul"...

I think Fran should call the NCAA and tell them we forfeit the Temple game since we won on an official error.

Good luck Temple against Villanova tomorrow, we are going home.

The very idea that Charles Barkley is critiquing missed foul calls for a little pushing to gain position in the lane is laughable. He made a living at doing those very same things for his entire basketball career.

Chuck picked Temple to win and so it was one more time he was wrong. He had a hard time figuring out a touch-screen, then he got this one wrong.

It was a foul, btw, but it's just like in football. They say the refs could call holding on every play. Same deal here. They could call a push-off on every play, if they went by the book.

Tim Brando of Fox Sports was going off on people about it yesterday. Check out his Twitter feed. Funny stuff. But yeah, refs aren't going to call that. It happens every game and maybe gets called two or three times.. On to NOVA.

Tim Brando of Fox Sports was going off on people about it yesterday. Check out his Twitter feed. Funny stuff. But yeah, refs aren't going to call that. It happens every game and maybe gets called two or three times.. On to NOVA.

MAYBE the refs were feeling a bit sheepish about calling Clemmons for the foul at the end of regulation and decided to let the players determine the outcome after that. No opinion on if it was or wasn't, but it didn't seem to affect the shot imo.
This reminds me of the old tale about the baseball manager who kept screaming at the umpire to call a strike on the opposing team batter after every pitch his pitcher threw. After hearing 'those pitches are strikes' once too often, the ump walked to the dugout and simply told the manager "a pitch ain't ANYTHING until I call it". Kinda like this 'foul call' imo. :p

Brando did say it was a foul... that the ref couldn't see it.

Of course they don't call it all the time and never in that situation.

Really difficult call for a ref to make... Make that call and it sends Temple to the line on the other end. It's gotta be a pretty big push to reward the opportunity to shoot free throws to win the game with basically no time left.

Really difficult call for a ref to make... Make that call and it sends Temple to the line on the other end. It's gotta be a pretty big push to reward the opportunity to shoot free throws to win the game with basically no time left.

yeah there not going to do that.

It was a foul, but not a call you decide a game on. Good no call considering the game situation. Selective rule enforcement has always been a part of basketball. Refing is a tough job, that's why fans need to lay off the ref bashing.

Actually from the games I have seen, this tournament has been reffed pretty well. Better than the regular season games by far.

It was a foul, but not a call you decide a game on. Good no call considering the game situation. Selective rule enforcement has always been a part of basketball. Refing is a tough job, that's why fans need to lay off the ref bashing.

Actually from the games I have seen, this tournament has been reffed pretty well. Better than the regular season games by far.

Word.... There's so much more to riffing than just blowing the whistle when you see some contact.

Understanding the time and game scenario, matching up your partners calls, managing coaches are just a few things refs have to consider and you're making split second decisions.

Latest posts