Every conference in the country's basketball record over the last 200 games

I'm just saying....

If Butler can get to 2 NCAA championship games in a row.

If Villanova can win 2 NCAA championships in a row.

If Caitlin Clark can go to 2.NCAA championship games in a row.

Anybody can go on a Big Run if they find the right coach (or player).

Look bud, attendance proves your point! CHECK MATE!!!!! Unfortunately with all the changes with basketball being basically semi pro with all the money involved it will be really hard now to get anyone descent that is going to want to deal with the stigma that now surrounds Iowa basketball. Iowa could use a small portion of their football revenue from the Big Ten Channel to buy any coach they want for the basketball program and also the point guards it will take to turn things around.

As judge and jury I find in favor of Guffus and award him $300 million in punitive damages. As part of my ruling 75% of the award has to be applied to hiring the next Iowa basketball coach. I would advise buying a large motor home, fishing supplies, and lots of good beverages.

Court dismissed!!!

Now if I had my drothers I would rather have most of the recruiting money spent on building up and maintaining the football program over the basketball program.

lol, Butler has been one of the best programs in college basketball over the last 2 decades. They just didn't suddenly go on a run....

Villanova is/was practically a low end blue blood that has tradition and history of doing well in college basketball that goes back decades.

Iowa women's basketball has been a consistent winner since the 80's and has built itself to elite on the back of great tradition and players.

Iowa men's basketball has NONE of that. 0 - we've been a waste for 50 years with seriously 2 good seasons in the last 50.

It's shocking how little self awareness Iowa basketball fans have

I've been a Villanova fan for many years
Grew up a few miles from their campus and my father took me to a few games way back then

They had one of the best college teams ever the year they beat NC for the national championship

There was nothing special about Butler before they made their famous run. They were playing in the frigging Horizon League. Getting the right coach made all the difference.

There was nothing special about Arizona before Lute Olson got there.

There was nothing special about UConn before Jim Calhoun.

There was nothing special about Gonzaga. 50 years ago.

I could go on and on.

This is silly. No one knew Brad Stevens would be a rock star head coach and/or executive, unless you are deep, deep, into the basketball world. Danny Ainge would know this, Gary Barta and countless other AD(s) wouldn’t.

Barta made the right choice in hiring Lickliter. Unfortunately, we(Iowa) got Barry Collier, instead of Thad Matta.

In defense of InGoodCompany things could deteriorate to Lickliter levels very easily. No one wants to go there again. Better to be competitive than to have a dumpster fire again.

Sure it’s disappointing to suffer early exits in March. It’s those special March madness runs that lives in Iowa fans hearts and minds. No one really remembers when we finished in the top 25% in the conference.

If the University isn’t going to go big then as the old saying says they need to go home. Hell who knows Fran could finally break through the ice.

I mean they are going to have to reach DEEP into their pockets to bring in a huge name coach to change things. If they are not willing to do that then best standing put with Fran at this point. No going back to Lickliter times. I’d prefer where we are at over that any day.

If the powers that be don’t want to poor buckets of money out for a big name coach then at least poor buckets of money out for the top players and let’s see what Fran can do then. I mean millions on players. Iowa’s fan base would recuperate that money in attendance and other monetary means. Time to quit dicking around.

Last edited:

Latest posts