Every conference in the country's basketball record over the last 200 games

OK, I will be that guy.

3rd place in the Big Ten during that time and not one sweet 16 appearance in the NCAA tourney.?
1 Big Ten tourney title.
No regual season Big Ten Championships.

Meh, Fran's teams need to step it up in March. They are way overdue.

OK, I will be that guy.

3rd place in the Big Ten during that time and not one sweet 16 appearance in the NCAA tourney.?
1 Big Ten tourney title.
No regual season Big Ten Championships.

Meh, Fran's teams need to step it up in March. They are way overdue.
The only way to get deep runs to the tournament is consistently playing well in the regular season and giving yourself the chance. It is way way way over due, but like, Iowa beats sweet 16 caliber teams all the time in the regular season, often times on those teams homecourt. So, it's not like they can't do it and if you're Iowa basketball fan and not happy with the results when we're one of the most consistent winning programs in the country, maybe basketball isn't for you. Iowa hoops has literally no history to fall back on outside of a flash in the pan run it had in the 80's and frankly, the fact that they are this competitive with hardly paying it's head coach, no fan base and no NIL is fricking unreal when you think about it. But sure, it's Fran lol

Iowa basketball has

2 conference titles in 54 years
6 sweet 16's in 54 years
2 Elite 8's in 68 years
1 final four in 68 years

maybe it's time to accept that maybe it's not the coach. Iowa is not good at basketball guys and really never has been.

Iowa basketball has

6 sweet 16's in 54 years
2 Elite 8's in 68 years
1 final four in 68 years

maybe it's time to accept that maybe it's not the coach. Iowa is not good at basketball guys and really never has been.

I don't know, what if Iowa had hired Butler's assistant coach Brad Stephens instead of Butler head coach Todd Lickliter. What if Iowa had hired Bruce Pearl as Tom Davis replacement?
What if Lute Olson had stayed as Iowa coach?
Sometimes all you need is the right coach.

Iowa basketball has

6 sweet 16's in 54 years
2 Elite 8's in 68 years
1 final four in 68 years

There has been some history, especially:

This:

Mr. Davis's first year he benefited from George Raveling's recruits

Rodney Monroe's three in The Tournament put a stop to a Championship, that was the
best Hawkeye team I have ever seen and the most fun to watch

MFing Rodney Monroe

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...46A8D4C1F8C810ED440D46A8D4&&aps=0&FORM=VMSOVR

I don't know, what if Iowa had hired Butler's assistant coach Brad Stephens instead of Butler head coach Todd Lickliter. What if Iowa had hired Bruce Pearl as Tom Davis replacement?

Lickliter rather than Brad Stevens was the worst coaching decision for Hawkeye Sports ever

Criminal, Actually

He coached Butler to two national championship games, losing by 2 to Duke the first National
Championship game

Took the Celtics to three World Championship games

But that's not what happened did it. They ran off a coach that consistently won and it took 20 years to recover. Not everyone can just walk into Iowa and win basketball. It's been proven, and it's been proven a lot throughout time.

I feel both coaches you named would have left for better jobs where you can win more with more winning tradition the second they got the chance. Fran stays cause he's towards the end of his career and he's laid a lot of roots with his family growing up in Iowa City. Any coach that Iowa gets after Fran will likely view Iowa as a safe spot where it can be a steppingstone towards their next gig. Sure it doesn't pay very well, has no commitment towards its program from boosters, fans or administration but if you can make it a winner you'll be coaching at KS or IL before you know it.

Last edited:
I'm just saying....

If Butler can get to 2 NCAA championship games in a row.

If Villanova can win 2 NCAA championships in a row.

If Caitlin Clark can go to 2.NCAA championship games in a row.

Anybody can go on a Big Run if they find the right coach (or player).

I'm just saying....

If Butler can get to 2 NCAA championship games in a row.

If Villanova can win 2 NCAA championships in a row.

If Caitlin Clark can go to 2.NCAA championship games in a row.

Anybody can go on a Big Run if they find the right coach (or player).
lol, Butler has been one of the best programs in college basketball over the last 2 decades. They just didn't suddenly go on a run....

Villanova is/was practically a low end blue blood that has tradition and history of doing well in college basketball that goes back decades.

Iowa women's basketball has been a consistent winner since the 80's and has built itself to elite on the back of great tradition and players.

Iowa men's basketball has NONE of that. 0 - we've been a waste for 50 years with seriously 2 good seasons in the last 50.

It's shocking how little self awareness Iowa basketball fans have

Can you imagine Iowa hiring a 30 year old assistant coach from a mid-major who played at a D3 school?
Exactly. Brad Stephens was on NOBODY'S radar at that time. Was he the brains behind Butler's success? Of course and it's easy to say that now. The guy is really smart and has had a boatload of success. But it's really farcical to come on this board and wish we would have selected him over Licklighter back then.

Exactly. Brad Stephens was on NOBODY'S radar at that time. Was he the brains behind Butler's success? Of course and it's easy to say that now. The guy is really smart and has had a boatload of success. But it's really farcical to come on this board and wish we would have selected him over Licklighter back then.
It's crazy, but unfortunately, that's how people are wired. Since Butler had some coaches that DID have some success and the one Iowa got didn't, well, "Iowa can't even pick the future NBA championship level coach when it was right under their noses, THANKS BARTA"

Latest posts