Evanston Area Bars

rodthompson

Going to the game this Saturday with some buddies and was wondering if anyone knew from prior experience if there are any bars open early in Evanston on game days?

There are not a whole lot of options around Ryan Field and with the early kick they will probably not be open much before 11am. The Chicago I Club is sponsoring a couple of tailgates that you can purchase tickets to beforehand. The Merkles tailgate is sold out but it looks like the Goose Island party still has tickets left. You can find all of the information here.

Good luck and have fun at the game.
Chicago Iowa Club ::: ON IOWA!

There are some bars on Central west of the stadium, but I highly doubt they will be open early enough to get the appropriate level of drunk before the game. Just take a few cases of beer and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and stand around the parking lot next to the stadium - you'll meet a ton of Hawk fans and the black European SUV entrourage of Cat fans won't show up until 10:45, so you'll have plenty of space.

The good thing about Ryan Field is the Purple Line goes really close to the stadium. If you want to go to bars in Evanston, there are a a few options. No Hawkeye Bars of course, but some decent bars.

I go to Tommy Nevins, and it is pretty good.
Prairie Moon is next door, and it has a better selection, but isn't much or a sports bar.

Other bars are Bar Louie (good food) and Celtic Knot (which is really close to Ryan Field)

Latest posts