Eustachy anyone?

davehawks

I would love to get his fire back in this state. It would be a hire we can do. It would really upset the evil side of the state. He can recruit, he would love to come back to Iowa. He is single and has proven he can recruit. He has been through his scandel and cleaned up his act. I'm just saying this might make some sense.

I would love to get his fire back in this state. It would be a hire we can do. It would really upset the evil side of the state. He can recruit, he would love to come back to Iowa. He is single and has proven he can recruit. He has been through his scandel and cleaned up his act. I'm just saying this might make some sense.

Fail.

This makes no sense actually. And I'm not going to dignify your post by adding any reasons to my position.

you are right. we should go get Keno, he won 4 conf. games last season! We just had a guy who did that and we fired him! Pearl, i would love, but realistically it isnt going to happen, barta isnt good enough to get him.

My bad John, you are the know all of everything Hawk! Sorry for having an opionion. I like your 5. Memphis coach is good. I want a big splash, hawk fans need it, do you have confidence that Barta can get that splash?

i suggested larry yesterday but judging by the response, a few fans of the univ of iowa think we are "above" that. we apparently are too good to make that hire. i forgot, we run a clean ship and don't stand for anyone making mistakes and trying to get their life/career turned around. larry makes just about as much sense as any of the other names being thrown aound....certainly more than the usual suspects....pearl, knight, majerus, pitino, keno, etc. hey people....get over yourself.

Ex-ISU coaches? No thanks.

Besides, didn't Eustachy have all of his success with Tim Floyd's recruits? Fizer, Tinsley, etc?

i suggested larry yesterday but judging by the response, a few fans of the univ of iowa think we are "above" that. we apparently are too good to make that hire. i forgot, we run a clean ship and don't stand for anyone making mistakes and trying to get their life/career turned around. larry makes just about as much sense as any of the other names being thrown aound....certainly more than the usual suspects....pearl, knight, majerus, pitino, keno, etc. hey people....get over yourself.

So you're all offended that people didn't like your Eustachy response. My suggestion would be to get some thicker skin.

If we're going to invite a drinker into Iowa City, I'd rather have Gillispie.

We are too good for Eustachy because he is 33-49 in 6 years of Conference USA play. We are too good for him because he hasn't coached a decent team in 10 years. We are above him because he is a middle of the pack coach in a bad conference.

it just is so easy for people to throw out names to see what sticks. do you really think most of the "big-time" coaches being mentioned would even consider coming to iowa? your kidding yourself if you answer, "yes". this program is at its lowest point. lickliter was the best we could get three years ago. you think the program is more attractive now? with eustachy, you know what your getting. there are many reasons why to at least talk to him. perhaps he wouldn't want the job, who knows. but, if you want to sell tickets, win games and get people talking about iowa basketball again, eustachy would do that more than most of the other long shots being thrown around this board. i hope barta grows a pair and makes that call.

Last edited:
i am sure recruiting kids to hattiesburg might be a little difficult. for crying out loud, a non BCS school without any basketball tradition in a football crazy region with lousy facilities. give the guy a break.

it just is so easy for people to throw out names to see what sticks. do you really think most of the "big-time" coaches being mentioned would even consider coming to iowa? your kidding yourself if you answer, "yes". this program is at its lowest point. lickliter was the best we could get three years ago. you think the program is more attractive now? with eustachy, you know what your getting. there are many reasons why to at least talk to him. perhaps he wouldn't want the job, who knows. but, if you want to sell ticket, win games and get people talking about iowa basketball again, eustachy would do that more than most of the other long shots being tbhorn around this board. i hope barta grows a pair and makes that call.

With Eustachy, we know what we are getting?

The fifth place coach in CUSA? The guy with a losing record in CUSA league play during his tenure?

And where do you get the notion that this would bet people excited about Iowa basketball again? It would make us a laughing stock, but not noteworthy.

Do you know why no other school has poached Eustachy in the 6 years he has been at USM? Because he is no good, he doesn't recruit, and he is a laughing stock.

We might not find a big name coach anywhere, but we can find a better coach than him.

Eustachy is a fantastic coach. One of the best. Recruiter? ahh not so much. If he would have stayed at ISU he would have been very successful b/c he had hired Wayne Morgan to do his recruiting. Larry's coaching with Wayne's recruiting would have been great.

But sadly in college basketball 90% of the coaches job is recruiting. LE can't and so he will struggle....like Lick

believe it or not, we hawkeyes fans are not that much different than cyclone fans. he seemed to have hilton buzzing. but, your right, it would take a hell of a lot more than that to get iowa fan off their a$$ and make CHA a great college basketball enivronment. my bad. maybe they should consult with GHOSTof BTT before making the hire.

just trying to think "out of the box" kids. we all want to see the basketball program to where it was under Mr. Davis (or better). i am sure there is more than one good hire out there. best of luck to barta on this one.

just trying to think "out of the box" kids. we all want to see the basketball program to where it was under Mr. Davis (or better). i am sure there is more than one good hire out there. best of luck to barta on this one.

Wow thats so out of the box...considering about 100 people have called in to KXNO and said this (all sounded drunk btw) and several retreads have been posting this right here on HN!

Latest posts