Espns great state moments...ISU!?

Thanks jon for making a piece on this topic and getting your opinion in. I totally agree with you that 1985 iowa mich game is the #1 sports moment in our state, and I wasnt even born yet. sure ISUs win ovet ok st was great for their program, but because espn made a fan vote poll, isu fans take away anything iowa, uni, or zach johnson did (or any of our olympians) and must make isu related topics represent our state. Just pathetic

the fact that JM feels the need to try and address the topic is comical. How come you didn't mention Cael Sanderson and 159-0?:confused:

the fact that JM feels the need to try and address the topic is comical. How come you didn't mention Cael Sanderson and 159-0?:confused:

You didn't need the emoticon. The fact that you can't figure that out underscores your confusion.

Thanks jon for making a piece on this topic and getting your opinion in. I totally agree with you that 1985 iowa mich game is the #1 sports moment in our state, and I wasnt even born yet. sure ISUs win ovet ok st was great for their program, but because espn made a fan vote poll, isu fans take away anything iowa, uni, or zach johnson did (or any of our olympians) and must make isu related topics represent our state. Just pathetic

How about you cry to ESPN instead of making yourself look even more toolish on this board?

ESPN made the poll. ISU fans turned out in droves to vote, much like any other poll they are included in. It does not mean anything.

For you to claim it to be such a historic victory, I dont even remember an Outback Bowl victory over LSU. What year?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxnloEl_j4"]2005 Capital One Bowl- Iowa vs. LSU - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: and how can a hawk fan seriously forget the catch?

The ISU victory has been a catalyst for change for all of cfb. I don't believe there has ever been a more impactfull sports moment in Iowa.

Yeah, because before that game, CFB certainly wasn't moving in a new direction.

If we're going to declare something the greatest sports moment in the state's history, shouldn't it impact something in the state? While I have to admit, that victory propelled ISU to a rare bowl-eligible season, it really didn't change that program in historical proportions.

The ISU victory has been a catalyst for change for all of cfb. I don't believe there has ever been a more impactfull sports moment in Iowa. as far as NCAA tourney upsets go, the UNI win was nice but they happen nearly every year in mbb.

You've got to let the trolling come to you youngin. You can't force it.

Latest posts