Espns great state moments...ISU!?

BergHawk7

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/4610/best-sports-moment-in-each-of-the-50-states

Heres the link that shows that iowas greatest sports moment "ever", is.....ISU beating ok st last yr.

is this seriouse? the #1 sports moment in our state is that!? Not the 1985 iowa/mich. Game? Not nile kinnick winning the hiesman? what? I understand its a "what have you done for me lately" type thing. But really? Iowas #1 sports moment?

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/4610/best-sports-moment-in-each-of-the-50-states

Heres the link that shows that iowas greatest sports moment "ever", is.....ISU beating ok st last yr.

is this seriouse? the #1 sports moment in our state is that!? Not the 1985 iowa/mich. Game? Not nile kinnick winning the hiesman? what? I understand its a "what have you done for me lately" type thing. But really? Iowas #1 sports moment?

Wait....are we supposed to care or not care what ESPN thinks this week?

So hard for me to follow.

Like I said earlier, not only was it an amazing, unprecedented upset, but it propelled ISU into untold heights of a Pinstripe Bowl birth and a 6-7 season.

If Iowa want to get that kind of love, maybe they should be 27 point underdogs at home more often.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/4610/best-sports-moment-in-each-of-the-50-statesHeres the link that shows that iowas greatest sports moment "ever", is.....ISU beating ok st last yr.is this seriouse? the #1 sports moment in our state is that!? Not the 1985 iowa/mich. Game? Not nile kinnick winning the hiesman? what? I understand its a "what have you done for me lately" type thing. But really? Iowas #1 sports moment?

This is what happens when you have a 20 something blogger making a best monuments piece.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/4610/best-sports-moment-in-each-of-the-50-statesHeres the link that shows that iowas greatest sports moment "ever", is.....ISU beating ok st last yr.is this seriouse? the #1 sports moment in our state is that!? Not the 1985 iowa/mich. Game? Not nile kinnick winning the hiesman? what? I understand its a "what have you done for me lately" type thing. But really? Iowas #1 sports moment?

You have got to be an alt... to burt hurt not to be

It was voted on by the fans. Lots of great moments by Iowa split the votes and let this game slide through to the top.

Like I said earlier, not only was it an amazing, unprecedented upset, but it propelled ISU into untold heights of a Pinstripe Bowl birth and a 6-7 season.

If Iowa want to get that kind of love, maybe they should be 27 point underdogs at home more often.

^ good stuff

You have got to be an alt... to burt hurt not to be

Can you type?

The ISU victory has been a catalyst for change for all of cfb. I don't believe there has ever been a more impactfull sports moment in Iowa. as far as NCAA tourney upsets go, the UNI win was nice but they happen nearly every year in mbb.

The ISU victory has been a catalyst for change for all of cfb. I don't believe there has ever been a more impactfull sports moment in Iowa. as far as NCAA tourney upsets go, the UNI win was nice but they happen nearly every year in mbb.

Hahahaha. You won a poll that Hawk fans don’t care about. Don’t get too carried away.

I will be the first to give ISU credit and even called my ISU friends to tell them congrats and how amazing the game was. That said it wouldn't be in the top 5 of greatest Iowa sports moments. ISU's sure but not the whole state.

A sports moment hard to beat is the day Iowa's wrestling program won it's 9th straight NCAA title. That feat has rarely been matched in the history of college sports.

Thanks jon for making a piece on this topic and getting your opinion in. I totally agree with you that 1985 iowa mich game is the #1 sports moment in our state, and I wasnt even born yet. sure ISUs win ovet ok st was great for their program, but because espn made a fan vote poll, isu fans take away anything iowa, uni, or zach johnson did (or any of our olympians) and must make isu related topics represent our state. Just pathetic

Thanks jon for making a piece on this topic and getting your opinion in. I totally agree with you that 1985 iowa mich game is the #1 sports moment in our state, and I wasnt even born yet. sure ISUs win ovet ok st was great for their program, but because espn made a fan vote poll, isu fans take away anything iowa, uni, or zach johnson did (or any of our olympians) and must make isu related topics represent our state. Just pathetic

Oh and add kinnick to that list also, duh.

Latest posts