ESPN/Luginbill No Love For the Hawks

seepig

Why is it that everytime Luginbill writes something or talks about recruiting there is absolutely NO love for the Hawks?!

ESPN Top 300 and none of them a Hawk?! I kinda like this bunch of 2013 and other services have us rated as high as mid 20's that's pretty good for us....why the disparity of other services versus ESPN?

i care more about what our coaches can do with the recruits than what some 3rd party says about the recruits.

I'm sorry, but who is "luginbill"? Seriously - I don't know the name.

Isn't he one of those guys who sits in on that show "The Experts" on ESPN

Last edited:
I tend to think that Ferentz and company are doing quite well so far. No there isn't a lot of four star rated kids on the commitment list but there is a lot of high three star rated kids and I've heard that there may be several who wind up being rated four stars when its all said and done. I really think it is great that they are nearly done with recruiting already as well.

They have a lot of new coaches, and the top recruits probably don't know what to make of it. Iowa seemed to be a lot pickier when the other coaches were there. Iowa doesn't have that much of a room for error when competing with the other teams in the conference. I'm not really a fan of the football team anymore though since ferentz rearranged the coaching staff to make room for his son.

I'm not really a fan of the football team anymore though since ferentz rearranged the coaching staff to make room for his son.
Yeah, cuz that's never happened ever before, and BF wasn't even a very good player. SCREW THOSE GUYS!!!!!

Hard for me to take a guy seriously that looks like that I.R.S. professional wrestler from the 80's. LOL

Oh and that ridiculously slant toward the SEC. But that's ESPN for you.

I'm not really a fan of the football team anymore though since ferentz rearranged the coaching staff to make room for one of the best young assistant coaches in football. Seriously, they brought in the TE coach from the Patriots, a team that had the best TE group in all of football last year? They brought in a guy that had the trust and confidence of Bill Belichick so much so that BB hired him as a full time assistant at just 27 years old? I cannot root for such a high quality hire.

FIFY

They have a lot of new coaches, and the top recruits probably don't know what to make of it. Iowa seemed to be a lot pickier when the other coaches were there. Iowa doesn't have that much of a room for error when competing with the other teams in the conference. I'm not really a fan of the football team anymore though since ferentz rearranged the coaching staff to make room for his son.

Riiiight...certainly explains why you're checking out the football forum in July...:rolleyes:

Hard for me to take a guy seriously that looks like that I.R.S. professional wrestler from the 80's. LOL

Oh and that ridiculously slant toward the SEC. But that's ESPN for you.

Oh man, that took me back to my childhood for a minute.

IRS.jpg

Good it's not just me then that thinks this guy is a total SEC dolt. Why ESPN puts so much stock in this D K is beyond me. I agree Kenny, Hill especially Hill who went to that Elite camp and ripped it up... Again I feel like we've got a pretty damn good class from the new coaches

Latest posts