ESPN is projecting Iowa is in the National Title Game vs Georgia

The publicity is worth its weight in gold, but that's so much of a stretch I think I pulled my hamstring just reading it.

Seriously, the dividends this will pay in terms of recruiting cannot be overstated, but we've got a lot to shore up on the offensive side of the ball before I'm taking a NCG appearance as a realistic outcome.

People will *not* like me saying this, but it is my honest opinion - barring an injury to Petras (though Goodson going down would make things tricky, too), the West is all but ours, I think. I think we could afford to lose just about anyone else and likely still roll to best in the West. The trick as far as the CFP goes is we can't afford a single let down L.

Big Ten Championship game would likely be us vs either OSU or Michigan, me thinks. Right now, I'd give us a puncher's chance against either of those two, but we'd need a bit of luck, I think. Even if we were #1 going into that game (which feels surreal to even type, but I think is not an unrealistic possibility), if we were to lose, I think The Most Esteemed Committee would probably drop us to 5+ like a hot potato.

Once into the CFP...yeah, who knows, it's really down to match-up in that first round. We could be face to face with a buzz saw, a paper tiger, or anything in between.
Even if you are #1 or #2, you always need luck, guys.

Bama OSU - OSU catches lightning in a bottle after an injury.

LSU - same deal. Clemson had a great qb, but look at them now without him.

You have to be great to be in the conversation. But you have to be a little lucky to win. There hasn't been a back to back CFP winner.

There hasn't been a back to back Superbowl winner since 04 05.

Chance plays a role.

The publicity is worth its weight in gold, but that's so much of a stretch I think I pulled my hamstring just reading it.

Seriously, the dividends this will pay in terms of recruiting cannot be overstated, but we've got a lot to shore up on the offensive side of the ball before I'm taking a NCG appearance as a realistic outcome.

People will *not* like me saying this, but it is my honest opinion - barring an injury to Petras (though Goodson going down would make things tricky, too), the West is all but ours, I think. I think we could afford to lose just about anyone else and likely still roll to best in the West. The trick as far as the CFP goes is we can't afford a single let down L.

Big Ten Championship game would likely be us vs either OSU or Michigan, me thinks. Right now, I'd give us a puncher's chance against either of those two, but we'd need a bit of luck, I think. Even if we were #1 going into that game (which feels surreal to even type, but I think is not an unrealistic possibility), if we were to lose, I think The Most Esteemed Committee would probably drop us to 5+ like a hot potato.

Once into the CFP...yeah, who knows, it's really down to match-up in that first round. We could be face to face with a buzz saw, a paper tiger, or anything in between.
Good line Maybe you should stretch those hamstrings before reading this stuff

Good Points one and all, IMHO, something in the back of my mind keeps telling me
its IOWA vs msu... but we just gotta do the work.. no excuses!!! stop DAVID BELL and purdonk 1ST !! now is when we hunker down and do the gritty work .. ITS IOWA BABY!!
time to shut out the noise and keep that focus because we are gonna get EVERYBODYS BEST shot!!!....I mean think about it ...really how often does MInny ILL or purdue to to play the #2 team in the land ?
GO HAWKS!!

Latest posts