ESPN In Iowa City Today?

I believe it was on Friday when they were in town to shoot a piece called "Who's in". It's for the unlocking season and it focuses on teams that may be players for the playoffs. Here's what Rick Klatt said about it during his "Random Thoughts" email sent out weekly for "Hawk Talk Daily".

"RANDOM THOUGHTS
A lot about Iowa football and a little more...

By RICK KLATT
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Random thoughts as we enter the second half of July in the Heartland...

The ESPN folks were on campus Friday shooting pieces of historic Kinnick Stadium and other things Iowa football related for its "Who's In?" promotional campaign for the upcoming college football season. What does it mean..."Who's In?" As I understand it, your Iowa Hawkeyes are one of the teams that made ESPN's short list of teams that might be players in November as we march toward the first "Final Four" for college football and, ultimately, the new national championship game. Quite a compliment to Kirk Ferentz, his staff, and our student-athletes. It goes without saying that there's lots of work to be done and the games to be played, but it's a nice compliment nonetheless. I've shared this before, but I think I'll share it again: HERE. It's a nice primer on the new college football playoff system.

Here's a link to the new world wide web site for the College Football Playoff, which isn't supposed to be referenced as an acronym ("CFP"): HERE. The web site features a stunning picture of the new championships trophy which I think is fantastic, but others weren't so impressed. I do think whoever compared it to NHL's Stanley Cup did make a strategic mistake. Lord Stanley's hardware is a classic that has no peer. Kind of like the British Open's Claret Cup or our Floyd of Rosedale. Speaking of Floyd, do you ever wonder how folks would react today if a bronzed pig was unveiled as the prize for a rivalry game?

Your chances of winning big in college football go up significantly when you have a field general that has been under center before. We have one in Jake Rudock, who is doing the really good student-athletes do during the summer: Focusing on making himself and his team: HERE. You'll also enjoy this one: HERE."

Sorry to not include a link(s).

Edit: I found a link to be added to the Hawk Talk Daily email list, If you dare...

http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001CI-X2uv4jsHPAH_80bNfoAQUhcyFQ7Rve0Tg0vkF5VvDn3qXdhWX0jblIps9qz04hNa0hwDc8NLsoklcx9lC5T2E2E1LVUr6Gr49zGueuaN9QodSVcH3L47PgjYmGPSMz2s4O6ZFpYpBxBUWiN6Zn5HdBHkOKpC_Hh5zn80RNdQ%3D

Last edited:
Thanks, Eda. Will look forward to that ESPN piece. Fingers crossed the guys stay healthy and we're still "In" in November.

I thought the question was whether you could get ESPN in Iowa City. As I recall, they've had it on cable in IC since at least 1980 :)

Latest posts