ESPN Gameday to Ann Arbor for #15 IOWA vs. #17 MICH?

The more eyeballs the better, right? We completely dominated PSU on Saturday but no one saw it so we only increased our ranking by 2 spots. Should be handle the Wolverines, with Gameday present, on ABC, in Ann Arbor, I think this should translate pretty well when the BCS standings are released the next day.

Well, there was a lot of competition on Saturday night for good games. Even if Gameday had been in Iowa City last Saturday, I doubt it would have had an effect on the ratings. I understand your point. I just think it's a tad overblown.

I'm thinking MSU tears Michigan to pieces anyway so it probably won't matter.

Possible, but it's not likely.

IF Michigan can beat Michigan State, somehow, then there is a chance. But problem is, it isn't a night game. They usually like to pick up the primetime games, don't they? That would be OSU-Wisconsin. If Wisky doesn't lose to Minnesota next week, and tOSU beats Indiana, then they're likely to be the GameDay game out of the Big10.

Gameday won't be in Ann Arbor for the Iowa/Michigan game and they won't be in Madison for OSU/Wisconsin, they will be in Lincoln for the Texas/Nebraska game.

Last edited:
Gameday won't be in Ann Arbor for the Iowa/Michigan game and they won't be in Madison for OSU/Wisconsin, they will be in Lincoln for the Texas/Nebraska game.

Really? Considering Texas dropped off the polls and wouldn't appear to be a threat for the Big 12?

Or are they banking on the "Upset during the rematch of last year's Big 12 Championship"

Really? Considering Texas dropped off the polls and wouldn't appear to be a threat for the Big 12?

Or are they banking on the "Upset during the rematch of last year's Big 12 Championship"

Your last sentence explains why I think they will be in Lincoln. Even if Texas has 2 losses already ESPN will hype it up about being a revenge game. Plus the fact who knows when these 2 teams will play again with Nebraska coming to the Big Ten next year.

Edit: I just found out it kicks at 2:30 like the Iowa game so maybe they won't be here as they are usually at the night game.

Last edited:
Gameday in Ann Arbor would be pointless for Iowa. Yea they would talk about our defense but the majority of the talk will be about Michigan and how no one expected them to be undefeated and of course, Denard Robinson. Looking at the schedule right now, IF Iowa and Ohio State go undefeated till they play each other, Iowa vs. Ohio State is the biggest game that week. it would be a #1 or #2 Ohio State vs. a probably #7 or #8 Iowa for the Big Ten championship. But we just need to take care of business first.

Just wanted to point out that not all ESPN Gameday football games are night games, and other than the fact that it has been announced our game is at 2:30, I'm pretty sure there has never been any night games in Ann Arbor. They have announced that next year's game against Notre Dame will be the first night game played at the Big House.

I really hope they don't go to Ann Arbor. That would have to be a night game right? I work at 7pm that night. I want it to be an 11am kick so I can actually watch a game or two this year. (I've only been able to watch 1.5 games this year.)

No night games in Ann Arbor yet.

Latest posts