Espn game day signs in Indy

MSU...NTTAWWT

connor-cook-mike-sadler-prom.jpg

IF they even show up, it would be my preference that Iowa fans completely stay away from the show. Nobody from Iowa there. Nobody.

There must be a clever way to spin Cowhurds "poser" comment.

Maybe an image of Hawks with B1G West trophy captioned "Posers"

I have been a season ticket holder for decades. I was attending Iowa the last time they had a perfect record. That's right 0-11 in 1973 when Lauterbur was the head coach. I read HN quite a bit, listen to the podcasts, but seldom post. I provide all of this context because posters might think I am trolling and I am not. I am concerned about how much the talking heads dislike the type of non-conference schedule we play, our lack of 5-star "talent" and how we win games. They are concerned that TV viewers (with the exception of Iowa fans and those that appreciate a balanced attack and stout defense) have a short attention span and can't handle it when there is a lack of big plays being made by 5-star players with blinding speed and athleticism. - It's all about the money.

My nightmare scenario:
- This week - Iowa moves down two spots to 6 with Michigan State at #4 and Ohio State at 5. Why - Iowa barely beat Nebraska, a team with a losing record, with zero 3rd down conversions and half the first downs as NE. Ohio State and Michigan State beat their two opponents by 29 and 39 respectively.
- GameDay is in Indianapolis because they expect Iowa to lose by a lot. They will constantly talk about our schedule, "eye-test" crapola, etc.
- If Iowa loses by more than a couple of touchdowns (not what I think but what the media wants to happen), the final poll could move us down to 12. Remember that when LSU lost to Arkansas, they moved down 7 positions.

I am not saying that is what is going to happen, just what I think the talking heads want.

I want the Hawkeyes to beat the Spartans and watch the GameDay talking heads squirm in the chairs while they try to explain why it wasn't really that Iowa was that good, it was that the Spartans made too many mistakes, were too over confident, yada, yada, yada.

GameDay Sign: Hawkeyes 13 - Talking Heads 0s

I got an idea but it'll take a bit of an artistic touch. The entire gameday crew on their knees and sucking off a giant "SEC" shaped phallus

Latest posts