ESPN First Take today

omahawk2

I've read a ton on here how the ESPN/the media isn't taking Iowa seriously, which is fine, they are paid to voice their opinions. Just thought this particular segment, due to its unbelievable disrespect, deserved its own thread. I watch most of the football shows and haven't really been too pi$$ed off until today when watching ESPN First Take on ESPN2.

In a segment on the BCS, they were talking about which undefeated team had the best shot to "spoil the party" on the big 3 (FL, AL, UT). Skip Bayless (big 12 homer) said that he thougth the gap between the the other undefeateds was smaller than everyone thinks (I'm thinking cool, maybe he'll give Iowa some props). He then went on to talk about Boise, TCU, and cinci. He said he likes all of 'em , but thought Cinci had the best chance to "spoil the party" because of SOS. The host (who is a Michigan fan) said "so...what about Iowa?"...he said, "Oh, they're a fraud". Didn't even feel they were worth mentioning in the segment.

Then the "two live stews" (ACC homers) had their turn to argue with skip. One of the two said, basically Iowa's out of the equation because they'll lose to OSU in a couple weeks. The other one didn't even mention them.

All I can say is wow. I know there has been a ton of complaining about the media on here, but this was the most blatant disrespect I've seen.

Anybody else watch this?

Who cares? All they want is for you to talk about it. Mission accomplished.

Iowa will take care of what they need to on the field. The players, coaches, etc care about one thing at this point: Indiana

Skips the biggest clown Ive ever seen. Rarely watch the show because of him, but did see it today.

Who cares? All they want is for you to talk about it. Mission accomplished.

Iowa will take care of what they need to on the field. The players, coaches, etc care about one thing at this point: Indiana

Well...I guss I care. I'm not on the team, so me complaining about this has nothing to do with the outcome of the game this weekend (I agree that the team and coaches should only pay attention to this stuff for bulleten board material.)

But, if you don't care, don't read it. Some people are interested in what hte talking heads are saying about the hawks good or bad. and like I said this was the worst I've seen as far as disrespecting the hawks so I thought I'd share it with people who are interested.

It will all play itself out if the Hawks keep winning. So what the "talking heads" are saying really doesn't matter.

I guess when the time comes, they will eat their crow.

But don't really take what the "experts" have to say, because they really have no idea.

I doubt Skip Bayless could find Iowa on a map anyways

Skip Bayless is a tool. Every time I'm channel surfing and run across the idiot I cringe. Makes a lot of money pissin people off. win out and who cares. Go Hawks

129010069941489478_medium.jpg

But hey, Iowa doesn't have athletes........(that's a defensive tackle btw.)

I agree that there is mad disrespect for iowa and I for one love it. Every time they think we can not win and say we are going to lose kf and company use that to their advantage. Once they get behind us we prob lose so on iowa underdog of the century.

It will all play itself out if the Hawks keep winning. So what the "talking heads" are saying really doesn't matter.

I guess when the time comes, they will eat their crow.

But don't really take what the "experts" have to say, because they really have no idea.

I doubt Skip Bayless could find Iowa on a map anyways

I agree, if the hawks take care of business they will eat their crow. I normally don't get too upset with what the talking heads have to say. It just really angered me that he was willing to give Boise, TCU, and Cinci credit...but not the hawks. Say what you want about the big10, but you could not put together a tougher big 10 schedule than the hawks have played and they've won em all. Throw in a win against a good Arizona team as well. I believe ISU is leading the B12N. Just pisses me off. Ok rant over

ESPN sucks...personally im amazed that anyone could watch more than 5 minutes of first take or any other convoluted shows that try to make everyone think that they offer diverse opinions when all of their shows are the same just with a different name...I hate what espn has become i miss 1997 espn...

It's not cool right now to like Iowa or any of the Big 10.
I wish they'd ask them how many games they actually watched Iowa play this year.
(o/u at .5)

The BigTen is gonna have to play games into December - NO QUESTION!!!

But my thought is - BSPN didn't start saying the BigTen was weak until the BigTen Network came about!

Coincidence.......I don't think so!!!!

Bring Back 97/98 ESPN........cause what it has become now is a crock of $h!+ !!!!!!

Once you quit listening to all of the idiots on the radio, you will be much happier. I used to listen to all of them, but I don't waste my time anymore. Why do I care what Jesse Palmer thinks. That guy was on the Batchelor a couple years a go. Why to I care what Skip Bayless thinks? or Lou Holtz, or Colin Cowherd? or Jime Rome? The point is I don't care.

They are paid to stir the pot. If they're right, they will be the first to say I told you so. If they are wrong, they will never mention it again and they will move on to the next topic to stir the pot.

Just be glad the Hawks have a chance to make them all look stupid. Here's hoping that they do.

Go Hawks!

I do not think it is disrespect for the media to say they don't think Iowa will be there at the end. Squeaking out a win against a .500 team is no the way to win over doubters.

Even us diehards have had our resolve tested again and again by the way this team barely beats others. How can you expect someone with no emotional ties to the program to believe in them?

All the same, what they say has no bearing on the outcome of this season what so ever, so to bind your panties up over this is sad at worst, and hilarious at best. This is a dream season. I will enjoy it no matter what Skip Bayliss has to say about it.

Latest posts