ESPN crawl for Iowa game ridiculous

HawkAlum

Have you ever seen a longer writeup than this for a game? I understand they are just stating the facts, but it seems like they are going a little too out of their way to make it clear we got lucky. It's like they are trying to hand out cliff's notes for the pollsters.

They (media) don't want a red headed step child sitting at the head of adult table come the holidays.

9-0 is the most important thing right now. I don't care if we are 4-0 after trailing after the end of three quarters. Just win baby, as Al Davis once said.

I like the crawl. People have to stop and read it.

What's their crawl for USC gonna be? "defense is offensive?"

As long as Iowa keeps winning, that is all they can do. They can't help what the national people or voters think of them. I am not even thinking that they will be in the BCS title game. they need help to get there. I say just win out, win the Big ten out right, and let the cards fall where they fall at the end of the season. either as long as Iowa wins out, they will be playing in the Rose Bowl. It just a matter which game they will be playing.

Someone once said, " All publicity, even bad publicity, is good." We just need to control the things we can - play the games to win.

So you dont like when they tell the truth? We were behind by 10 and 14. I dont think they slammed Iowa, like someone else said, they called us Comeback Kids. We got a ton of pub today. Plus we didnt win a close game, we still blew them out for the final score which the majority of the pollsters will see and like.

So you dont like when they tell the truth? We were behind by 10 and 14. I dont think they slammed Iowa, like someone else said, they called us Comeback Kids. We got a ton of pub today. Plus we didnt win a close game, we still blew them out for the final score which the majority of the pollsters will see and like.

I don't mind the truth at all. Facts are facts. I've just never seen such an extensive explanation for a score on the crawl before!

Latest posts