ESPN College Game Day Show

EstronHawk

Talk about a show that has become so boring, stale and predictable! I can't even watch for more than 10 minutes at a time. They really need to retire Lee Corso. So I flipped on the Big 10 Networks show (they were in Ann Arbor.) They had about 50 people in attendance watching, kind of sad. The big overweight guy who played for Penn St is flat out awful on air. They did bring Braylon Edwards on set at the end, and I have to admit, he was very good. Braylon came off as very intelligent and well spoken. The Big 10 NW should hire him. I guess if the Iowa/PSU game is their premiere game today, then why aren't they out in Happy Valley with their game day crew?

IMO two major things have taken this show for a nose dive. 1) they used to do an hour show, then extended to 2 hours, and now its 3 hours long. That's just to much. Too much nonsense filler stuff that people don't care about. 2) Corso's wit and humor used to drive the show. Now its just sad watching him. Respect to ESPN for keeping him. He doesn't want to quit but its hurting the show and he's even gotten away with some comments that, while funny, would have caused most to get fired.

I still like Corso's headgear pick. Unfortunately the gameday broadcast is almost always a SEC campus. I would think Ohio State-Michigan would be a natural for game day but it will probably be Vanderbuilt-Kentucky or something like that. While I don't think it will happen I liked Herbie picking Iowa over Penn State. Desmond Howard of course still has his hate Iowa thing going.

People still watch College Gameday? Seriously? I realized that that show was a waste of my time when I turned 13 in like 2006.

Latest posts