ESPN Bracketology

99topdawg

In the first in-season bracketology, Joe Lunardi has Iowa a 7 seed. ISU is a 5 an UNI is a 6. I'll take it.

Link

hate to be anal-andy but conference opponents aren't supposed to face until the regional final which would mean Maryland and Iowa shouldn't be so close as to facing in the Sweet 16. This obviously isnt the guaranteed rule anymore, but a big ten 3-seed facing a 7-seed potentially in the sweet 16 seems a little lazy

hate to be anal-andy but conference opponents aren't supposed to face until the regional final which would mean Maryland and Iowa shouldn't be so close as to facing in the Sweet 16. This obviously isnt the guaranteed rule anymore, but a big ten 3-seed facing a 7-seed potentially in the sweet 16 seems a little lazy

They actually can't meet before the Sweet 16. There were teams from the same conference in the same group of 8 last year, which has to happen for conferences that get more than 8 teams in the tourney. One example was that Tennessee played Michigan in the Sweet 16, which could have been Iowa. There were other examples as well.

They actually can't meet before the Sweet 16. There were teams from the same conference in the same group of 8 last year, which has to happen for conferences that get more than 8 teams in the tourney. One example was that Tennessee played Michigan in the Sweet 16, which could have been Iowa. There were other examples as well.

I know its a steadfast rule that the top 3 teams from each conference can't be in the same region, but my understanding is it almost never happens that 2 teams from the same conference meet so soon unless it cant be helped. Like with your Tennessee example Iowa would've been an 11 seed play-in vs the 2 seed michigan which is completely understandable since the big ten had 8 teams make it to the dance, but with a 3-seed Maryland vs a 7-seed Iowa in the sweet 16 that doesn't make much sense.

its obviously just nit-picking at this point because its the beginning of January and none of this will even be close to right...well except for Kentucky being the overall #1 seed

Why is it that Iowa will be considered either the last 4 in, or the last 4 out...Hell, you gotta throw that out too, right?............:)