ESPN Announces CFB Commentator Assignments

Nice to see last years dreadful ESPN2 lineup of Pam Ward and Ray Bentley has been replaced by some guy I never heard of and Brian Griese.

You know, I used to not be a big fan of Pam Ward, but her voice notwithstanding, she has a pretty good understanding of football and makes observant comments to tee up her color analyst.

Go Hawks!

Brad Nessler & Sean McDonough are damn fine call guys. They might be my top two. You wouldn't think Sean McDonough had a good voice for TV but he seems to make it work. I enjoy Mike Patrick as well. I don't mind Bob Griese, either.

I think ESPN/ABC's Saturday afternoon & night staff are pretty good.

I'd like to see Bob Griese step down and let Speilman have the color all to himself, he doesn't need any help.

Why the big brains at ESPiN ever paired Sean McDonough with that blithering idiot matt millen is beyond my comprehension. Sean Mc and Spielman were excellent together, and very entertaining.
Spielman stuck with gramps griese for shared analysis is bassackwards. Dave Pasch is ok, but Spiel and McD simply belong together.
/rant

Meanwhile, more Jenn Brown can only be a good thing. Same goes for EA. :)

Why the big brains at ESPiN ever paired Sean McDonough with that blithering idiot matt millen is beyond my comprehension. Sean Mc and Spielman were excellent together, and very entertaining.
Spielman stuck with gramps griese for shared analysis is bassackwards. Dave Pasch is ok, but Spiel and McD simply belong together.
/rant

Meanwhile, more Jenn Brown can only be a good thing. Same goes for EA. :)

Millen did a good job with McDonough for the OSU game last year, very solid work and was very complimentary of Vandenberg's effort, especially that first TD to McNutt.

That being said, it's obviously hard to take him seriously due to his dismal record as GM of the Lions.

Millen did a good job with McDonough for the OSU game last year, very solid work and was very complimentary of Vandenberg's effort, especially that first TD to McNutt.

That being said, it's obviously hard to take him seriously due to his dismal record as GM of the Lions.
Well, if Millen was successful, then he wouldn't be available on weekends. :D

I do think Millen was good as an analyst on NFL games before he was the disaster he was at the Lions, so I can put up with him on these games.

HWK4LYF, Pam Ward is absolutely atrocious. Rewatch the Iowa v PSU game from 2004 and try not to kick the TV halfway through the game. After Iowa took the 2nd safety, she spent the rest of the game railing on the Iowa coaching staff to the point that the other announcer had to cut her off multiple times. Add in the voice and I cannot listen to a game she announces ever again.

Desmond Howard is absolutely dumber than a friggin box of rocks.....embarrassing.......and Jess Palmer is nothing more than glam for the female/gay audience.

Latest posts