ESPN all 2000 team

I don't see how you put CJ over Banks as of now... Also DJK belongs but they should have 3 WR's since they have two RB's listed and add Mo Brown.

Russell or Young should be in Cokers spot.

They both only played one full year. Banks was awesome but an injured CJ with a way worse offense was very comparable. That makes me think he's a better player.

I would have Spievey over Hyde maybe slide Hyde into Sash's spot. Mo Brown over DJK and probably CJ over Banks. After this year I'm guessing the Outlaw will make everyone's linebacker list. I agree that this team could compete with any other team. There are no holes in the roster at all.
Spievey was so dominant that his stats don't really show it. I would love to know how many times QB's threw it his way that 2009 season 20 times max? I agree he should be on this list, too. One could also make a case for Jovan Johnson as well. If my memory serves me isn't he near the top of career INT list? Goes to show how good Parker has been at developing our secondary.

OL Robert Gallery: The physical presence up front made it back-to-back seasons for Iowa with the offensive lineman of the year, picking up his trophy in 2003 before heading to the NFL as a first-round pick.

I thought they understated RG a bit. No mention of winning Outland Trophy or being #2 overall pick in draft...

OL Robert Gallery: The physical presence up front made it back-to-back seasons for Iowa with the offensive lineman of the year, picking up his trophy in 2003 before heading to the NFL as a first-round pick.

I thought they understated RG a bit. No mention of winning Outland Trophy or being #2 overall pick in draft...
I heard a Stat that he didn't allow a sack in his last 30some games.

Spievey was so dominant that his stats don't really show it. I would love to know how many times QB's threw it his way that 2009 season 20 times max? I agree he should be on this list, too. One could also make a case for Jovan Johnson as well. If my memory serves me isn't he near the top of career INT list? Goes to show how good Parker has been at developing our secondary.

He was a beast stopping the run too. I honestly think he was as good as King.

Could you imagine our 3 tight end sets with that oline blocking for Greene and McNutt out wide?
Pfff They'd do whatever they wanted to out there.

They both only played one full year. Banks was awesome but an injured CJ with a way worse offense was very comparable. That makes me think he's a better player.
I think CJ is more of a 'traditional' qb in the sense that the entire playbook is open. Banks could do more with his legs and play action. It's an interesting thing to compare between them. I just wish CJ had a McNutt type of receiver this year. Maybe someone develops who knows. I really like the mix of players Iowa has on this offense and I think CJ can have a monster year (by Iowa QB standards) I think his efficiency rating should be off the charts so time will tell.

Latest posts