ESPN: ACC adds Cal, Stanford, SMU in 2024

guffus

Per sources, ACC has voted to add Cal, Stanford and SMU in 2024.

SMU will receive no media revenue for 7 years. Cal and Stan will receive reduced shares.

PAC is now down to 2 teams, Wash St and Ore St.

Per sources, ACC has voted to add Cal, Stanford and SMU in 2024.

SMU will receive no media revenue for 7 years. Cal and Stan will receive reduced shares.

PAC is now down to 2 teams, Wash St and Ore St.
That's insane that SMU couldn't negotiate any media money, but a big step up for them. I'm not sure I'd be willing to commit to that sort of a deal in a conference that you cannot be certain even survives seven years, but I guess they thought it a worthwhile gamble.

Can we please rename conferences. As much as I love the Big Ten the name is misleading. Almost as misleading as an Atlantic Coastal Conference with teams from the West Coast. And there is nothing big about the Big 12 anymore. As much as I hate to say it I think it's time for some rebranding in the world of NCAA conferences.

That's insane that SMU couldn't negotiate any media money, but a big step up for them. I'm not sure I'd be willing to commit to that sort of a deal in a conference that you cannot be certain even survives seven years, but I guess they thought it a worthwhile gamble.
A good gamble for SMU. If they can be competitive in the ACC, then when the league ultimately gets raided by the SEC & BIG Ten, I would think SMU being in Dallas would be as attractive as schools like Wake, BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, GA Tech, etc. I would think the BIG would love to have an AAU school in Dallas.

Can we please rename conferences. As much as I love the Big Ten the name is misleading. Almost as misleading as an Atlantic Coastal Conference with teams from the West Coast. And there is nothing big about the Big 12 anymore. As much as I hate to say it I think it's time for some rebranding in the world of NCAA conferences.
I get it with the numbers but there is too much tradition and equity built up in those names. I say leave them as-is. I remember them kicking around ideas when we added Penn State to go to eleven and the consensus was to keep the B1G name. I suspect the other conferences will do the same.

How about the All Coasts Conference (ACC)

They now got the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf and Great Lakes Coasts covered.

How about the All Coasts Conference (ACC)

They now got the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf and Great Lakes Coasts covered.
Well played they can maintain their identity but change things up a bit. and they talked about the issues with travel when the Big added the west coast teams. I can't wait to see the logistical nightmare with scheduling for the new ACC.