Eric May will be a very good player

ChosenChildren

May plays hard; he rebounds; he is unselfish; and he has a Big Ten body. I think he will be a very good player at Iowa if people are patient and let him develop. Keep the faith!!!

Would have loved to see his dunk go down in the first half even though he got called on the charge but I agree and think that energy will only increase next season when he can go 110% for 28-32 min/gm instead of trying to keep a bit in reserve to last 35+ min/gm.

I have said this about Payne numerous times this year, but there are definitely some detractors on this board. I like alot of individual players on this team, it is just a matter of time before the begin to mesh as a team, especially with the addition of the incoming freshman class next year!

I have said this about Payne numerous times this year, but there are definitely some detractors on this board. I like alot of individual players on this team, it is just a matter of time before the begin to mesh as a team, especially with the addition of the incoming freshman class next year!

I agree with you. There are some good young players on this team that with a little more time and some help, have a real chance to be very good. I'm really hoping that next years class can provide that immediate help, I think they have a chance.

I see Culley being solid but not a stand out but I could be wrong. Eric May on the other hand has a chance to be special. Hes stonger and more athletic than Haluska with a comperable outside shot at this point in his career. It's hard to compare his game to anyone here recently as his game is so unique... With his size and athleticism he's kind of like a hybrid of James Winters (without the unibrow and travelling violations) and Haluska.

I agree May has a lot of upside. Energy, strength, jumping ability are there. The skills he lacks can be developed. His high turnover number and low 3 point percentage will both improve next year. He is playing to many minutes right now. Down the stretch I think it will be similar to Gatens as a freshman where he just gets worn down with these minutes.

Payne I think can be a solid player. As a freshman and sophmore he should not be asked to play more than 10-15 minutes a game. As an upperclassmen I feel he could be a starting PG as long as there was a quicker backup as an option to give a different look. I love how he stuck a big 3-pointer despite previously missing the front end of a one and one. I do have great concerns about his defense and I am not sure how much that can be improved.

is this thread a joke? you are all kidding right? May and Payne good players? they only look decent because our team has terrible talent. those 2 guys wouldnt sniff playing time at any other big ten school that has at least a 500 record. give me a break i played better players in high school. Cully Payne lol lol lol lol lol.

Haluska had much better body control than Eric although the raw atleticism is certainly there.

is this thread a joke? you are all kidding right? May and Payne good players? they only look decent because our team has terrible talent. those 2 guys wouldnt sniff playing time at any other big ten school that has at least a 500 record. give me a break i played better players in high school. Cully Payne lol lol lol lol lol.

There is only one post that is a joke is this thread???

May is going to be good - he's extremely raw right now. Hopefully the staff can help him cut down on the turnovers (mostly freshman mistakes) and work on his ball handling. His sheer athleticism is fun to watch on display.

km2149 is an idiot dude....no one needs to give his posts credit for being read. May and Payne are going to be fine.

Bro...don't forget your hat when you leave...

dbag.jpg

threadKiller.jpg

Most of us who really played basketbal in high school or college have played against players as good or better than these guys at some point. That says nothing to me, however your assessment of them as potential players tells me that you probably have not played against anyone at any level above youth YMCA.