Eric Katenda

SixerHawk

Iowa,Michigan, and Siena among others have offered. Looks like Fran is targeting bigs for the 2011 class with this offer and Uthoff's visit over the weekend. now if only we can start hearing something positive on the recruiting front for the remaining schollies in this years class. Go get 'em Fran!

Eric Katenda
Scout.com: Eric Katenda Profile

Katenda sounds like he will be a stud. Big time athlete. Maybe if John Wilkins decides to come here we could work the European connection!

Nice point, but I see an even bigger and more important connection than that. Check out this roster and tell me if you dig what I'm talking about.

:: adidas Nations ::

Probably more of a coincidence at this point, since Katenda's already being recruited by Siena. Looks like Caff was already aware of Katenda. But a nice coincidence for us to have.

Nice point, but I see an even bigger and more important connection than that. Check out this roster and tell me if you dig what I'm talking about.

:: adidas Nations ::

Ahhh. Young Mr. Jok from my alma mater! For some reason I thought he played for Jake Sullivan's team? It would definitely be great to get him. In fact, I wouldn't mind one of those 7 footers either :D

I'm curious how many Schollies Caff is planning on having open next year. I would like to see Randle (Uthoff or Zeller-unlikely) and maybe this kid, but does that mean that he would only use 1 schollie this year? Or that maybe he doesn't feel very good about Randle or Uthoff. Lots of talent in Iowa for 2011 and 2012

If we are able to add a couple of these 6'8-6'9 guys who can run the floor and jump it may not bode well for Brommer and Cougs. It kind of appears that Fran isn't that sold on our current big men when he is looking at so many other players who play the same positions.

If we are able to add a couple of these 6'8-6'9 guys who can run the floor and jump it may not bode well for Brommer and Cougs. It kind of appears that Fran isn't that sold on our current big men when he is looking at so many other players who play the same positions.

I dont really buy this. Just because Fran is looking at big men doesnt mean he doesnt like the current guys at all. We dont have many players so of course he is going to be looking for a lot of big men, just like he is looking for a lot of athletic guards is my guess

I was watching the Lakers vs Thunder the other nite and the Thunder had a 2nd year center named Serge Ibaka playing a lot of minutes. He was out of the Congo and did not play college ball...he had 7 blocks,and looks like a future stud.
Africa is exploding with bb players,and it looks like Fran is aware of it,like Crean and Calhoun ect...
Fran's body type for big men fits the african player profile, long,lean,quick,fast.
Hope he can grab this recruit,and others like him,including Jok,down the line.
Woodbury actually also fits that profile,altho not sure about the quick and fast part.
My advice to Brennan would be....come back next season looking more like that body type...

I dont really buy this. Just because Fran is looking at big men doesnt mean he doesnt like the current guys at all. We dont have many players so of course he is going to be looking for a lot of big men, just like he is looking for a lot of athletic guards is my guess

I agree, we are talking about 2011. Cole will be gone, Brommer and Archie will be seniors and Cougill will be a junior. Bigs take at least a year before they can contribute major minutes for the most part. We need help at center big time even if Cougill develops.

It doesn't take someone with Fran's coaching experience to see our bigs aren't top notch. Good kids I'm sure but let's be honest-they're a bit below average.

Latest posts