Eric Johnson on kxno this morning

AHawk1

Jon I had the oppurtunity to listen to your interview today with Eric Johnson. I'm sure he had to be worn out with the end of the recruiting process, but on the radio he certainly doesn't seem to be the greatest communicator and have a lot of charisma. How does he seem to do in person?

I felt the same way while listening, didn't seem real articulate...but obviously does a great job, so who knows?

He doesn't make his living talking on the radio. Kirk has him in a very, very important role in the program; the recruiting coordinator. Eric is down to earth and a real person..he is not selling snake oil out there, and he has done a good job of establishing a solid pipeline into St Louis. I think at some programs, they might overlook him. At Iowa, he fits perfectly for what Kirk wants his program to be...genuine, real and about hard work.

His job is safe, but i wish deace would stick to his afternoon show. he has changed since his days as a sport show talker. I used to enjoy him. Not anymore.

Not sure what you meant by this? Do you mean i am the only person who feels this way about deace? I might be...

Bingo...but it was definitely an exaggeration. I'm sure you're not the only one who dislikes Steve, Jon, or Steve AND Jon...but the way they're killing it in the ratings, I had to do it!

I heard Eric speak live at a Twin Cities I-club this summer and I thought he was fine. He came off as articulate but certainly not slick. I would describe his style as a little 'understated' but he was very solid & genuine.

I respect Steve Deace for putting his opinion out there everyday. I don't agree with some of what he says on his afternoon show, but at least he isn't afraid to express his opinion.

Steve Deace helped me out alot this past year. If it weren't for Steve Deace buying a PS3 roster from me this past summer I never would have spoken to Jon Miller.... and would have not had the opportunity to develop this website.

I agree with this. I don't agree with what Steve has to say all of the time, but I respect that he does on the radio with lots of folks listening when he has another show. I find Jon and Steve entertaining to listen to.

Latest posts