Eric Epenesa Joining Hawkeyes

Here's his Rivals profile: LINK

AJ talked with us about Eric during the podcast last week. Thinks he's the most athletic one in the family.

Very good, AJE was an outstanding hawk and seems to be as a person also. This younger brother at 6 ft 3 185 could add the weight to stay at linebacker but you never know.

Anyone know his 40 time?

Late bloomer, but sky's the limit. Looks like he could grow a lot. Limited video shows him playing with aggression and able to make tackles in space.

Raw as they come, but if he fills out and coaches up, I would not be surprised to see him make an impact.

Maybe I missed it. I'm assuming he is a walk on?
Yeah. He’s not ranked by Rivals or 24/7. Definitely not his brother but judging by the rest of the Epenesas I’m sure he’s a super high character kid. Probably a huge long shot to see the field at Iowa, though.

He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to convert his frame into one that can compete in a Big Ten game. But I love the pedigree and if anyone can turn an undersized player into a star it's the coaches and trainers at Iowa.

Have him redshirt and hit the weights hard for a year. He could potentially be a good LB at 6'3" if he can get to about 230 pounds.