Enough of the finger pointing

homerHAWKeye777

We need our team to regain its focus.

Yes, the loss hurt. Now grow up and/or sober up and/or man up! Whatever works for you.

If the Hawks are to have a great season ... they need us to get over this every bit as much as they themselves need to get over it.

I like it Homer. We had a rough go last night, but we did come back and show lots of heart in the 2nd half. I was and am still a proud Hawk fan. We need to show support now for the team and program.

Yes, I cannot stand the tenor on a lot of this board. This team can still do something no Ferentz or Fry team ever accomplished.

Yes, I cannot stand the tenor on a lot of this board. This team can still do something no Ferentz or Fry team ever accomplished.

Ohhhhhh, I think I get what you're hinting at there! You better stop that stuff. How dare you have the gall to even think of suggesting such a thing! You're no Hawk fan! ;)

This team will be fine and do a lot of good really things this year. We ran into a motivated buzz saw last night and still fought back from it.

Fortunately we will get to see them again I the Rose bowl :).

This team will be fine and do a lot of good really things this year. We ran into a motivated buzz saw last night and still fought back from it.

Fortunately we will get to see them again I the Rose bowl :).

I like your attitude but I'm not ready to hit the punch bowl yet. Give me a couple of days again before I start tossing back the kool-ade. ;)

There are many many middle fingers the team deserves after that performance. Thanks for the optimism after the choke on national tv.

Let me guess, wait until next year. See you at the Outback Bowl.

There are many many middle fingers the team deserves after that performance. Thanks for the optimism after the choke on national tv.

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!.........

Oh wait, wrong doomsday scenario.....nevermind.

We still need to point the finger at the special teams, we all knew it needed improvement. It looks like they didn't even address it. I'm not a coach, but wake up already. Giving up these easy points will kill any team.

We still need to point the finger at the special teams, we all knew it needed improvement. It looks like they didn't even address it. I'm not a coach, but wake up already. Giving up these easy points will kill any team.

The coverage teams were much improved after halftime. Obviously it was too late for it to save us this week. But if they maintain that improvement, then it won't hurt us again like it did tonight.

We need our team to regain its focus.

Yes, the loss hurt. Now grow up and/or sober up and/or man up! Whatever works for you.

If the Hawks are to have a great season ... they need us to get over this every bit as much as they themselves need to get over it.

Agreed, Jumbo Jet. A quick scan of the forum this morning shows that most people are willing to throw this team under the bus at the first available opportunity. Yes, I know I was here just over seven hours ago. I have two kids who get up very early.

This is one loss - and a non-conference loss at that - early in the season. I know it sucks to find out this way, but I'm guessing that we (and the coaching staff) know a lot more about the Hawks today than we did yesterday.

The thread about the defense being soft is garbage - they gave up 20 points, 7 of which came on an 8-yard field. They did their job, and even did some of the offense job for them with Binns' pick six. There are a lot of areas where the Hawks played poorly last night, but over the balance of the game, the defense wasn't one of them.

Everyone needs to chill out. Iowa has a tomato can coming to Kinnick this weekend, then Penn State, and then the bye. These two games are games Iowa should win, and that will put them at 4-1 heading to A2, and I think we all would have taken that before the season started.

I thought you might be a tool with a name like yours, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. The last few posts though, including this, have confirmed it. You are indeed a tool.

Great post for some perspective. Lets just think about this rationally. Blocked punt, kick off returned for a touchdown, Pick six and a multitude of tipped passes and sacks not to mention a d-fence that at times in the second half looked like Swiss cheese.

No team wins that game and most don't even put up a fight. Our guys despite every negative issues know to the football gods had a chance to win this game in the forth quarter. Lets just hope we got all our miscues out of our system and good things are still to come of this season.

Not all is lost we still have a chance to go 12 and 1 and I think we'd all agree that we would sign up for that at the beginning of the season.

Agreed, Jumbo Jet. A quick scan of the forum this morning shows that most people are willing to throw this team under the bus at the first available opportunity. Yes, I know I was here just over seven hours ago. I have two kids who get up very early.

This is one loss - and a non-conference loss at that - early in the season. I know it sucks to find out this way, but I'm guessing that we (and the coaching staff) know a lot more about the Hawks today than we did yesterday.

The thread about the defense being soft is garbage - they gave up 20 points, 7 of which came on an 8-yard field. They did their job, and even did some of the offense job for them with Binns' pick six. There are a lot of areas where the Hawks played poorly last night, but over the balance of the game, the defense wasn't one of them.

Everyone needs to chill out. Iowa has a tomato can coming to Kinnick this weekend, then Penn State, and then the bye. These two games are games Iowa should win, and that will put them at 4-1 heading to A2, and I think we all would have taken that before the season started.

Amen!!! What's interesting, it seems everyone has forgotten the 2002 season... we lost to a foe (ISU) that doesn't compare to this AR team and still ended up in the National Championship talk. At least this year we get to play OSU. Wow! People sure have short memories!

Amen!!! What's interesting, it seems everyone has forgotten the 2002 season... we lost to a foe (ISU) that doesn't compare to this AR team and still ended up in the National Championship talk. At least this year we get to play OSU. Wow! People sure have short memories!

True, but back then there weren't any TCU's and Boise St's getting serious consideration for the national championship game after going undefeated through such easy schedules. We have to have a lot of teams lose for Iowa to get a national championship bid, and that probably won't happen. In the end, it's probably most likely to be Boise St vs TCU in the national championship game because it is so hard for a real school in a real conference to go undefeated.

Latest posts