At Iowa State
Home vs SCum
Home vs Florida A&M
Home vs UMBC
Home vs NIU

Not exactly murderer's row

Last edited:
I see a 30 pt loss at West Lafayette
big-head-or-cabezudo-characterising-a-chinaman-in-the-main-square-during-the-september-parties-in-valladolid-castile-and-leon-spain-2GH8EBX.jpg

My GOD....did Zach Edey grow another 2 inches?

It could be a whipping, but it might be miracle upset. Ming the Merciless is going to shoot a lot of free throws and point-blank baskets. Krikke and Freeman might be pretty overmatched. Payton and Tony have to be on fire.

All of that is unlikely to happen. and we lose in the 20s.

I'd imagine we'll see a lot of zone and hoping the Boilers are cold from the outside.

It could be a whipping, but it might be miracle upset. Ming the Merciless is going to shoot a lot of free throws and point-blank baskets. Krikke and Freeman might be pretty overmatched. Payton and Tony have to be on fire.

Freeman's certainly going to have his eyes opened.

Freeman's certainly going to have his eyes opened.
I expect some frustration fouls by Owen. Some blocks rejected. He seems like a pretty quick learner. Owen will be blocking shots in the Big Ten soon and by season's end be somewhat prolific in that skill.

Does anyone know if college BB has a similar rule as in FB where a player can play up to certain number of games but still redshirt. Freeman might be a candidate?

I think our O will keep us in games I'm not sure we'll get smoked like that. If for some reason we are cold shooting then sure it's possible. But this team has lots of guys that can put the ball in the hoop. Stay out of foul trouble and we can make em work for it anyway. I'm not predicting a win by any means I just don't think we'll get 30 pointed.

Seth53, agreed that Purdue will be tough. But I guarantee you that we will not lose by 30. I would say you are being a bit dramatic, and hope you don't believe your own prediction. Iowa was 2-15 back in the era of Les Jepson when the B-makers came to town and lost, Keady was beside himself. This team is WAY better than that one. But Zack Edy was not part of the scene of course!

This game is likely a blow out but I am starting to think that this team is better than last years team and I also think the B1G is way down as a whole. Right now, Iowa looks like the 4th or 5th best team in the league IMO.

Purdue is going to beat a lot of teams by close to 30 at home this year, thankfully that's really Iowa's only game against a team like that.

I feel pretty good about how things have looked so far.

Alas and Alack

One would think there is zero chance of a Hawkeye win

However we are on the board of two outstanding upsets

Beating Michigan Saturday and Number one Purdue in basketball

The State is Set, Lads

The interesting thing about this matchup is how will Purdue guard Krikke when he's playing Center? Iowa's strategy will be simple: bring Krikke out 10-15 ft away from the basket and try to pull Edey out -- allowing room for some dribble drives & some offensive rebounds. The Hawks have been playing a lot of Krikke AND Freeman lately, but in this game I think that combo actually makes it easier for Purdue to defend: they would just put Edey on FReeman, and a tall F on Krikke to hound him.

Ming Ming The Merciless GIF - MING Ming The Merciless Flash Gordon -  Discover & Share GIFs

I can remember racing home from elementary school in Philadelphia

To catch Flash Gorden

Latest posts