Enjoy the Ride, Hawkeye Fans

ChosenChildren

11-0. Big Ten West Champions for the first time ever. First championship since 2004. Enjoy the ride, Hawkeye fans. Whatever happens from here on in is just frosting on the cake. What a job by this coaching staff and these players. Many picked this team for a losing record at the beginning of the year, and NO ONE picked them better than fourth in the division. Just amazing

Agreed. This has been an amazing season. I will fully admit I was on the "it might be time for Ferentz to go" bandwagon before the season, but he's proved me wrong by making the necessary changes to win. I will be in Indianapolis, and if they end up in the playoff or Rose Bowl I will be there as well. Who knows when this will happen again so no way I am passing up the opportunity!

As Jon and Deace were discussing on the podcast, last summer KF had no goodwill left in the bank account. Now, as Deace pointed out, he writes his own exit story.

Yep. The season has already been historic. I admit that I doubted them before the season (thinking 8-4/7-5), and again at the half of the ISU game. i'm not doing that anymore. Teams have thrown all they have at Iowa, and they calmly take care of business each week.

Impressive all the way around. National talking heads can say what they want -- I don't think this team is listening.

Long time "KF got to go" type here and fully retracting my sentiments given the notable changes made in this program. Shocked and served so to speak, very happy to see what this team and staff are doing.

Beat Nebraska and the rest is gravy. Not going to lie, I really want to see a undefeated regular season.

Amen. If they happen to lose this week, or any other game this season, do not let me become a moron.
I've already seen it in recent games. This week was 40-20, and yeah Purdue had some opportunities. Yeah, clearly stuff went wrong for us. But, we still beat them by 3 scores. No reason for me to start feeling like I was.

One of my biggest gripes about the whole "national championship" business is that it negates the importance of so much good football that gets played. I never expect Iowa to be a contender for that. Never cared either. Of course, I'm starting to. But, if it doesn't happen, I don't want to be an idiot. This has been a great ride.

When was the last time we averaged 32+ points against Big 10 teams going into the final week? Sure, it'll hurt if we lose. It'll hurt if we win and get into this playoff business and lose. But, I don't ever want to feel like a long suffering Cubs fan or whatever. That stupid "win it all" notion of the championship always bugged me. This is a successful year. We didn't have to wait until next year. We got to eat that cake already. Some more icing would be cool. If we don't get it, just don't let me be sitting on the couch with a belly full of 11+? delicious pieces of cake whining that I didn't get the corner piece with all the frosting.

I was on the "time for Kirk to go" bandwagon the past couple of years. I was taken to that point kicking and screaming but the team just was not good the past few years.
I have changed my mind completely at this point.

As Jon and Deace were discussing on the podcast, last summer KF had no goodwill left in the bank account. Now, as Deace pointed out, he writes his own exit story.

Can you imagine if Barta had to pull the trigger this year? Good lawd, with some many job openings Barta wouldn't have a ton of leverage. Syracuse just fired their guy today. KF needed this year if he wanted Brian to be his successor. 2021 Brian is probably the HC.

Vacation this week, definitely taking time to enjoy this. Unreal, get emotional thinking about this. We all care so much for the Hawks and to finally have this happen I'll tell my son about it one day and that's real.

Latest posts