End of NCAA FBS

Much as we have disdain for the NCAA, it does have some organizational positives. Course, they've also screwed up more than enough to put something like this into motion.

Who knows what will happen with this new Alliance? The battle for being "in or out" could be ugly and really screw some schools over. It's gonna get very interesting.

It's really going to be the B1G and SEC and everyone else. Iowa is lucky and in a damn good spot to at least be relevant in the sport moving forward.

It's really going to be the B1G and SEC and everyone else. Iowa is lucky and in a damn good spot to at least be relevant in the sport moving forward.
I dunno. How do you justify keeping a Northwestern and passing over Clemson, Okie St, Arizona. No doubt Notre Dame would be invited and join the B1G. This is gonna get messy.

Perhaps the B1G and SEC will build out the Power 64 that has been talked about for so long. No matter what, somebody is gonna get left out. There are 69 in the current P5 (if you include ND)

I dunno. How do you justify keeping a Northwestern and passing over Clemson, Okie St, Arizona. No dout Notre Dame would be invited and join the B1G. This is gonna get messy and somebody (somebodies) is/are gonna get screwed.
What they should do is break it up into a 4 League 64 team DIV I football class. It may be regional for the leagues, but the main goal will be to maximize TV contracts and keep many rivalries (ie- UM/tOSU, USC/UCLA, etc.). Put 4 Big Dogs in every league and then use the other 12 teams as chum for the big dogs.

I dunno. How do you justify keeping a Northwestern and passing over Clemson, Okie St, Arizona. No doubt Notre Dame would be invited and join the B1G. This is gonna get messy.

Perhaps the B1G and SEC will build out the Power 64 that has been talked about for so long. No matter what, somebody is gonna get left out. There are 69 in the current P5 (if you include ND)
Yeah I don't think anyone in the B1G or SEC gives a shit about schools like OSU or Arizona, or Iowa State or Pitt... or Syracuse or whatever. That's why you are seeing teams leave and bolt to get into these 2 conferences. If it were a case of going that direction as you suggest, why don't teams just stay put? They're not, cause that's not what is happening here - you are right in that ND finds a place to land, I would guess FSU & Clemson and a few others might get a seat at the big boy table too, but I don't see any scenario were they are feeding 64 mouths. It's easy to keep Northwestern, Rutgers, MD, Purdue, Indiana, Vanderbilt, KY etc... cause they'll already in and full fledged members of those conferences.

What they should do is break it up into a 4 League 64 team DIV I football class. It may be regional for the leagues, but the main goal will be to maximize TV contracts and keep many rivalries (ie- UM/tOSU, USC/UCLA, etc.). Put 4 Big Dogs in every league and then use the other 12 teams as chum for the big dogs.
I think that's a very optimistic look at it from a prospective of someone who is on the outside looking in. If this was the direction it was going, you wouldn't see this titanic shift in conference realignment.

If it's eventually going to be a 64 team model (which it's not, I mean, come on, 64 teams?) then why all this movement. Why is FSU sueing it's conference to leave lol. That's not where this is going.

Last edited:
If it's eventually going to be a 64 team model (which it's not, I mean, come on, 64 teams?) then why all this movement. Why is FSU sueing it's conference to leave lol. That's not where this is going.
Yea, that's why I said what they should, not what they will. The school presidents want to keep all the $$$ to themselves, and only share with the middling schools in conferences because they need teams to get scheduled with every year.

At most there will be 2 16 team conferences. Some Big 10 and SEC teams will leave the conferences.

What about Notre Dame?
If they are true to form, they will want to be included in whatever alliance is formed when it benefits them for scheduling, playoffs, etc.
But they will want to be 'independent' and negotiate "Notre Dame only" deals when it comes to tv and other revenue.
Hopefully, any alliance will require they are all-in, or all-out.

Define “lucky”. If it gets down to the b10/sec, Iowa turns into even more of a non factor than it currently is

We would be part of that chum…like we are currently

Careful what you wish for. A low population state that doesn’t compete at the highest levels isn’t needed in the new world
Exactly. I was being generous when I used 32. Realistically it is more like 24. If you sit down and go through the conferences and pick out teams for the top 24 it gets progressively harder after number 18.

Small population states that have two FBS teams and skew Caucasian are unlikely to be successful. Beyond that, what past success have those teams head? If you use Winsipedia website as a gauge of past football success Iowa is a fringe team, somewhere between 26 and 32.

If I'm a University I would be very leery of making capital improvements given the greed I see.

Define “lucky”. If it gets down to the b10/sec, Iowa turns into even more of a non factor than it currently is
Careful what you wish for. A low population state that doesn’t compete at the highest levels isn’t needed in the new world
We would be part of that chum…like we are currently

As you are trolling and talking shit, you do realize that the odds of that happening to your Cyclones are still much higher than they are with Iowa? You can get the pom-poms out and hope both programs become truly equal and that very well could come to fruition, but it isn’t going to happen as quickly as you would like.

As you are trolling and talking shit, you do realize that the odds of that happening to your Cyclones are still much higher than they are with Iowa? You can get the pom-poms out and hope both programs become truly equal and that very well could come to fruition, but it isn’t going to happen as quickly as you would like.
Trj: I put this clown on ignore many moons ago. Don’t waste your time with him.

Latest posts