Emerald Coast Classic Championship Game Thread

Well, probably another team that won't get out of the first weekend because they lack size/overall athleticism.... however guard play looks like it has a little more promise than it has in the past.

My early take on this team. If they are hitting on all cylinders they could push a number of teams though. But, must get more production out of star players.

Last edited:
Not going to read too much into this, it was a horrible shooting night and they couldn’t get into any kind of flow offensively. Giving up all those layups off the dribble drive was a little concerning but that can be fixed.

Yeah. I can predict Iowa will lose a great number of games based on tonight’s contest. How many times have I heard this same song from Hayden and Spliff? You guys are really boring and generally not very good at predicting the future. But, hey. Fire away.

Yeah. I can predict Iowa will lose a great number of games based on tonight’s contest. How many times have I heard this same song from Hayden and Spliff? You guys are really boring and generally not very good at predicting the future. But, hey. Fire away.
Notice I said won't get out of the first weekend.....meaning I'm saying NCAA bound. That is not mean spirted at all....but I do see likely another Fran product that has some holes holding it back like we typically do. But, what Iowa team right now does not have holes holding it back? We can name more than a few on the football team.

The good news is the season is early, so there is more time to work things out and improve. But, the height and lack of quickness...especially defensively....is again concerning. WE were carved up like a Thanksgiving Turkey in the paint on the dribble drive and backcuts. Man to Man....this team might want to get better at zone schemes.....but then of course we get to see the other team shoot wide open 3s on Fran's zone defense so I digress.

I got distracted and forgot this game was being played. It looks like I didn't miss anything. Regarding the shooting... yikes! Murray was a different player in the last two games. He shot 8-31 in total... 25%.

Why TCU though. We’re they any good in the Mountain West?
They got some dudes now, Iowa looked like the size of a high school team.

TCU also had a coach that looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger, guessing he was the strength and conditioning coach…

Yeah, if there's one guy in America who can really dial in a defense it is Fran.

I didn't see that Eastern Illinois game but based on the highlights I watched I'm pretty sure they would have broken triple digits against most other teams. Fran did a helluva job holding them in the 90's.