Embarassing

This whole thing is embarrassing to the University of Iowa and Iowa Athletics in general.

Why is Barta not being held more responsible for this? He is the one who made the hire, but now it appears that he is answering to others, including possibly players with this firing. If that is true, his tenure will soon be over as well, because he is truly not in charge.

Iowa will not get a premier coach, because no one wants to take over this mess and only given 3 years before the masses and the players turn on him.

I hope I am wrong about the turnaround, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon with this fan base.

This whole thing is embarrassing to the University of Iowa and Iowa Athletics in general.

Why is Barta not being held more responsible for this? He is the one who made the hire, but now it appears that he is answering to others, including possibly players with this firing. If that is true, his tenure will soon be over as well, because he is truly not in charge.

Iowa will not get a premier coach, because no one wants to take over this mess and only given 3 years before the masses and the players turn on him.

I hope I am wrong about the turnaround, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon with this fan base.

I think Barta said even himself that some of the blaim could be directed towards him for the Lick hire during the press conference.

There are very few athletic directors that have made great hires every single time.

look at Kentucky, they fired Billy Gillispie after 2 years and look where they sit now. I'm not saying Iowa is in the same position, but Barta is cleaning up his mess. and yes you are right, it sits on his shoulders and if he doesnt hit a home run with this pick, he will soon find himself "Fired" as well.

I have to think that additional transfers were in play, which led Barta to fire Lick. If so, it would have been more embarrassing and far more agonizing to start over, yet again, with the cupboard bare.

How many times are you going to freakin register and post? If you are going to do this at least send a different message instead of ******** about Barta in every one and how the players made this decision. I'm beginning to think you are Lick or a relative, if so go enjoy your $2.4 million and get the hell out of here.

Not embarrassing to me. And I am tired of hearing people say that an AD should not let players run the show with which I agree with, but you can take the players opinions into account.

And another thing, if you/your dad/your husband didn't lose 58 games in 3 years and have the worst winning percentage of any coach in Iowa history in that time frame he would still be the coach here.

Coach Lickliter (with endorsements) will make over $5 million as a result of taking the Iowa job. It is hard to feel sorry for him when the nation is suffering unemployment close to 10%. Considering his serious health issues, it is probably for the best.

Take the money and enjoy your retirement.

Why do you think no one will want to take over this program? It happens all the time, a coach comes in and turns around a program. Besides, I can give you about $30 reasons Barta will not screw this one up, or he will be gone.

Over nineteen seasons the Iowa football team won a total 30.9 percent of their games. That winning percentage is lower than Lick's and lasted over six times longer. You have no idea what embarrassing is!

What you call a mess isn't even close to the mess the football program was in. However, Hayden took the job and in three years won the Big Ten and went to the Rose Bowl.

Latest posts