Embarassing senior leadership and coaching.

Iowa has been a borderline top 25 team every year that those 2 highly recruited players came to Iowa so keep telling yourself they haven't lived up to their potential.
They have not, they are seniors and are not getting better. Mental mistakes and lack of touch. They have moments but you cannot count on either one of them- its always a surprise.

True, and a great point, but what exactly is "rocket surgery"? That's been my biggest problem with staying with Woody down the stretch. Much more space much more athleticism. Sure we'd give up size by going with Wagner, but he's more athletic and IMO has a better concept of where the rebound is going to go and much better at getting there.

A local Juco coach continually preaches that 95% of all rebounds are grabbed below the rim. We need the high energy guys to get those balls and IMO Wagner has better instincts to get to that spot then Woody and could have possibly helped us tremendously last night.

It doesant appear Fran has a lot of confidence in Wagner yet

My thoughts were, Iowa played well, but Mike Gesell just handed Iowa State 5 points by himself with brutal turnovers to close the half

I wish Fran would let Clemmons be at the point in these situations. At least give it a try. He drives better IMO. He finishes better IMO. I wanted this last year and I want it this year...at least try it and see what happens.

Boy, the trolls are out in force after this loss! Some of the names I am seeing have not been present for awhile, because, of course, they had no fun during the football season that they deemed a failure before the first game was even played. So, now they show up, as usual, spouting nonsense. See you guys at the Rose Bowl? Oh, no, wait...you can't get tickets because you did not renew your season football tickets.

We should have won the game but mistakes were made. It is unfortunate but it happens. I am sure that our players did the best they could and wanted to win the game. Am I disappointed? Sure, as it would have been huge to beat a top rated team in their own floor, but I am sure the players are even more dissapointed than any of us.

If if we learn from this experience and move on and play like we did in the first half this team will be a very fun team to follow and watch the rest of the season. After a few wins the sting of this game will fade and we will feel better. I understand the venting as that comes from feeling a game in hand being lost, but you all know you love your team and will be back cheering for them to win the next one.

Latest posts