Embarassing senior leadership and coaching.

Bigtenchamp

That was one of the worse choke jobs I've seen in a long long time.

That type of loss could really mess up a team.

Up 6 with about a minute left and the mental midgetry that ensued was unbelievable.

I really like Fran but he has got to find a way to fix these late game collapses.

That was really really bad. Someone has to have the toughness and balls to go to the hoop, get a foul, hold on to the ball, etc. bad bad loss. Isu had no business winning that game.

The coach needs to get more authority with this team. They are not listening to him and devising their own strategy. They should have never lost that game.

The meaning of the game wasn't great (but don't be fooled that was a huge game for our NCAA resume and we blew it) but that was one of the top 5 worse losses I can remember in 25 years.

To recap....Woody, a senior, fumbles an inbounds pass in the last minute, resulting in a 3 pointer to cut the lead to 3. Uthoff, a senior, gets a 5 second call because he can't get the ball inbounds leading 2 free throws which cuts the lead to 1. Gesell, a senior, airballs a layup leading to a shot clock violation which leads to ISU taking the lead. I can't remember what Clemmons may have done, but I'm sure it was something not good. Senior leadership at its UNfinest.

I'm more upset with the seniors who committed two late turnovers and the 4th year starting PG who had more than his fair share of turnovers in the game.

I coach 3rd graders. We played a game against 4th graders that pressed in the last two minutes of the game. My 8 year olds showed more poise and less panic than the team last night.

I aint embarrassed bout sh*t and I doubt the Iowa team is either. Iowa played a hell of game, lost it down the stretch after playing solid - aint nothing embarrassing about it.

That was one of the worse choke jobs I've seen in a long long time.

That type of loss could really mess up a team.

Up 6 with about a minute left and the mental midgetry that ensued was unbelievable.

I really like Fran but he has got to find a way to fix these late game collapses.

By "long time" do you mean 2 years? Because that's the last time they choked that bad late in a game.

I think we also learned we arnt deep enough at this point. Granted we lost because we didn't execute at the end. But we have a depth problem at this point.

I think we also learned we arnt deep enough at this point. Granted we lost because we didn't execute at the end. But we have a depth problem at this point.

Maybe so, but that's hardly an excuse for blowing a 6 point lead with 1 minute left with 3 seniors on the floor who've played a ton of minutes. Once again, zero leadership or mental toughness.

Yes - we were gassed throughout most of ISU's 2nd half run. We aren't a deep team at this point and last night showed it.

Wasn't it two years ago that the consensus on this board was Fran played too many and the starters didn't get enough minutes?

Yes - we were gassed throughout most of ISU's 2nd half run. We aren't a deep team at this point and last night showed it.

You can thank Fran's recruiting for that, can't coach, can't recruit. Is it any wonder that he's had a losing conference record every year he's been here?

The players and coaches should be embarrassed after that epic choke job. It truly took a total team effort to **** that one away.

Latest posts