Email of doom

My last name starts with a "P" and I am still waiting to find out as well. I have zero priority points and requested 2 but still haven't heard. Starting to think going by the alphabet might be correct.

My last name starts with a "P" and I am still waiting to find out as well. I have zero priority points and requested 2 but still haven't heard. Starting to think going by the alphabet might be correct.

That isnt the case as my buddies last name starts with a 'R' and he has already heard back. who knows how its going, just keep waiting for the email.

That was kind of my thought. I had 10 priority points for being alum and made sure they knew that. I requested two as well and haven't heard anything. It would be interesting to know if anybody towards the bottom of the alphabet has been denied already.
Also, if I do get denied I want to be offered the two game package that includes tOSU game. Not the MSU game. tOSU game will be the hardest to get tickets for so if I could at least get that one, none of the other games should be that hard to get tickets for with the exception of the PSU night game.

The ticket office will not have any record of your alumni status. The new season applicant will need to either email the ticket office, call the ticket office or state that you are a graduate of the University of Iowa on your application. I do not think you can blame their office not not knowing that you were not an alum of the UI. Contact the ticket office and they can look that information up for you.

Not only only did I explicitly list that I (and my wife) are grads, I highlighted the writing in neon yellow! I called the ticket office and this is the exact recommendation they gave me. Additionally, I called the alumni foundation to confirm my status and priority points and they told me that my order would be processed with 10 priority points.

There really isn't anything else I could've done outside of calling them every single day to make sure it was right. They can count on me being a HUGE pest next year.

I received the two game package as well when I requested 2 season tics. Eastern Illinois and OSU. Happy about OSU but I thought 11 priority points might get the job done for all 7 games. My dad and one of my buddies have not yet heard anything but it's not looking good for anybody with 11 points or lower. See the reply I received from the ticket office when I questioned their methods:

From: "Crowley, Mitchell S" <mitchell-crowley@hawkeyesports.com>
Subject: RE: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Aaron,

Unfortunately it does not and that additional point would not have put you in the next bracket to be able to grant you season tickets.

Mitch

To: Crowley, Mitchell S
Subject: Re: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Thanks for your reply. I was offering $100 donation with my application. Does this change things?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 25, 2010, at 9:15 AM, "Crowley, Mitchell S" <mitchell-crowley@hawkeyesports.com> wrote:

Aaron,

We have you with 13 points as of now. This was after calculating in your 3 points of purchase you were awarded for this year. We do not show on record that you have made a donation to the I-Club. Please check with the I-Club or UI Foundation if you feel this is wrong. You can reach them at 319-467-3410. In summary, it appears we had you with 10 points when considering your season ticket order.

Mitch

Subject: Fw: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Hey Mitch,

Can you do me a favor and tell me how many priority points you have me down for? I am an alumni and donated $100 so i believe I should have 11 pts. I keep reading messages on forums that people have been awarded 7 games with less points and no donation. Please advise.

Thanks,

Aaron

Date: May 19, 2010 2:37:14 PM CDT
To: "'aaron_m_brim@yahoo.com'" <aaron_m_brim@yahoo.com>
Subject: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Dear Aaron M Brim,

Thank you for your 2010 Hawkeye season football ticket order, due to an overwhelming demand for season tickets we will only be able to provide you with a partial season ticket that will include the game with Eastern Illinois on September 4th and Ohio State on November 20th. The cost of the tickets will be $51 each for the general public and $41 for UI faculty and staff members plus a one time $6 processing and handling fee for your order. The seats that will be used for these tickets are located in the corners of the mainstands and high/ low in the endzones and will be assigned at a later date. Should you decide to accept this offer, you will receive three priority points for purchasing tickets, as if you had purchased the full season. These tickets will not be charged automatically so to take advantage of this offer you will need to call 1 800 IA HAWKS to place your order. You will not be eligible to purchase chairbacks or a parking pass with this offer.

If you have any questions, please email tickets@hawkeyesports.com to let us know. Thank you for your support of the Hawks and for your patience.

Mitch Crowley

UI Athletics Ticket Office

I received the two game package as well when I requested 2 season tics. Eastern Illinois and OSU. Happy about OSU but I thought 11 priority points might get the job done for all 7 games. My dad and one of my buddies have not yet heard anything but it's not looking good for anybody with 11 points or lower. See the reply I received from the ticket office when I questioned their methods:

Subject: RE: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Aaron,

Unfortunately it does not and that additional point would not have put you in the next bracket to be able to grant you season tickets.

Mitch

Subject: Re: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Thanks for your reply. I was offering $100 donation with my application. Does this change things?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 25, 2010, at 9:15 AM, "Crowley, Mitchell S" <mitchell-crowley@hawkeyesports.com> wrote:

Aaron,

We have you with 13 points as of now. This was after calculating in your 3 points of purchase you were awarded for this year. We do not show on record that you have made a donation to the I-Club. Please check with the I-Club or UI Foundation if you feel this is wrong. You can reach them at 319-467-3410. In summary, it appears we had you with 10 points when considering your season ticket order.

Mitch

Subject: Fw: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Hey Mitch,

Can you do me a favor and tell me how many priority points you have me down for? I am an alumni and donated $100 so i believe I should have 11 pts. I keep reading messages on forums that people have been awarded 7 games with less points and no donation. Please advise.

Thanks,

Aaron

Date: May 19, 2010 2:37:14 PM CDT
To: "'aaron_m_brim@yahoo.com'" <aaron_m_brim@yahoo.com>
Subject: 2010 Iowa Football- 2 Game Offer

Dear Aaron M Brim,

Thank you for your 2010 Hawkeye season football ticket order, due to an overwhelming demand for season tickets we will only be able to provide you with a partial season ticket that will include the game with Eastern Illinois on September 4th and Ohio State on November 20th. The cost of the tickets will be $51 each for the general public and $41 for UI faculty and staff members plus a one time $6 processing and handling fee for your order. The seats that will be used for these tickets are located in the corners of the mainstands and high/ low in the endzones and will be assigned at a later date. Should you decide to accept this offer, you will receive three priority points for purchasing tickets, as if you had purchased the full season. These tickets will not be charged automatically so to take advantage of this offer you will need to call 1 800 IA HAWKS to place your order. You will not be eligible to purchase chairbacks or a parking pass with this offer.

If you have any questions, please email tickets@hawkeyesports.com to let us know. Thank you for your support of the Hawks and for your patience.

Mitch Crowley

UI Athletics Ticket Office

I am still trying to figure out how I got two full season tickets... I requested 4, but have zero points since I have not had my own season tickets since 2007. And I still got two full season tickets...

I am still trying to figure out how I got two full season tickets... I requested 4, but have zero points since I have not had my own season tickets since 2007. And I still got two full season tickets...

They must have f'd up. Whatever the case, worked out great for you. Let me know if you can't make it to any of the games. I'd be happy to give you over face for some of those matchups.

They must have f'd up. Whatever the case, worked out great for you. Let me know if you can't make it to any of the games. I'd be happy to give you over face for some of those matchups.

I actually have 4 now. I had two under a friend since I dropped my own in '07. I wanted to get back under my own name to start accumulating points again, so I kept the 2 w/ a friend as "insurance" in case I got shut out on my request. I requested four though because a different friend wanted two. I was just going to give my two new ones to him, but he declined, leaving me with two different pairs in two different sections.

I actually have 4 now. I had two under a friend since I dropped my own in '07. I wanted to get back under my own name to start accumulating points again, so I kept the 2 w/ a friend as "insurance" in case I got shut out on my request. I requested four though because a different friend wanted two. I was just going to give my two new ones to him, but he declined, leaving me with two different pairs in two different sections.

Are you interested in selling off a pair of season tics?

Last edited:
Are you interested in selling off a pair of season tics?

Not the whole season tickets, but maybe for a couple games. I honestly won't know much more until later in the summer when I start getting an idea of who I am taking to certain games. Sorry man. I would love to help you out, but this is the first year I have ever been able to take more than one person to a game with me, and I want to take advantage of it.

Oh my god!!! An angel came down from above, called my mobile and offered me 2 season tickets instead of the 2-game package I was originally offered. I must have done something good in this life...

From what i have gathered through friends and reading on here if you have ZERO points and requested 4 season tickets you got 2. If you requested 2 you get the 2 game package. Doesnt seem right but o well. guess i should have requested 18.

I just spoke with the ticket office and was told that my application is right in the 'middle' - whatever that means. The person told me that I would probably be notified in Mid June of my status. That's all they could tell me.

Thats probably a good point. On my application I was very specific on where we wanted to sit and also mentioned that I was alum and had been a ticket holder in the past but was unable to renew the last three years because of having kids and getting married.
I have not received my email of doom, but would not be surprised to receive it in the near future.

I am in the same boat, I also made special mention of being an alumnus even though there was no specific place for that information

If you have purchased season tickets in the past, but missed more than 1 year of purchase, your priority points for years of purchase will go down to 0.
johnny, where are you getting this info??? My dad called into the ticket office twice and got two different people and two different answers to this question. One said he'd get no credit for previous ticket purchases. The other said he would. At the end of the day, I believe he will get at least something since they transferred the purchase to my mom's name (who the original tickets were under when they had two season tickets in the 80s and 90s).

Rog,

I believe if you purchased tickets for 5 years 2000-2005, but miss 2006 and resume ticket purchases in 2007 you will lose your seats that you had in 2005 but will retain your years of purchase priority. If you skip 2006 and 2007 you will lose your seats as well as your priority points for years of purchase which is 3 per year.

Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale. I was denied a season ticket deal so I want to try to get teh single game tickets for at least the ISU, Ohio State, and Wisky games.

Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale. I was denied a season ticket deal so I want to try to get teh single game tickets for at least the ISU, Ohio State, and Wisky games.

It is extremely unlikely that you will be able to get single game tickets for any of those games. My guess is that IF single game tix are available, it'll be for EIU, Ball St, and maybe MSU. The other 4- no chance.

If they are available, I think July is the typical on sale date.

I believe if single game tickets are available they will go on sale the beginning of July. I think they are planning on selling out the stadium with season tickets.

Latest posts