Elite WR talent in our backyard

I think I read Martin blew up over the summer and then Iowa jumped in. I hope Jace blows up and Iowa jumps in early and gets him. Not saying Jace has the heat Oliver did, but ya never know how things will unfold.

A couple of notable differences. Martin was super productive throughout HS, whereas with Andregg we are still going on potential (due to his HS team's system and his injuries).

Also, my sense is that Martin had a lot of opportunities available to him in HS (private speed training, private skill training, etc.) that many players don't have. Because of that, he was probably more of a finished product when he hit the camp circuit, ready to excel. I really don't know anything about Andregg and if he has had the same opportunities.

Iowa sits very well with a few WR that they offered awhile ago. I think we will see a couple of them commit before the end of June. I could see Baker (offers from: Purdue, Michigan and Washington St.) committing soon. We are also sitting well with Mack, Dennis, Vines, and Matthews.

Because of that, he was probably more of a finished product when he hit the camp circuit, ready to excel..

This is a good way to put it. Martin really stood out in camp as a "finished product" when it came to the agility drills and running routes. However, now we have to wonder if he peaked early.

Is it public knowledge what his "season ending injury" was?

It was a hand injury. Cost him a majority of the season.

As others have noted, he hasn't done a ton on the varsity level as of yet. He was moved up from the Soph team about midway thru the season his sophomore year and looked like he belonged but didn't get a ton of touches. I believe he was a RB up until that point, then they moved with to WR. Last year, he started off somewhat quiet (they had a pretty good RB in Keegan Simmons who was the main offensive focus) and then Jace got hurt and missed the rest of the season. In my mind, he's not nearly as dynamic as Keenan Simmons was the last two years for Prairie or as Jalen Rima (WR at UNI) was for them before that. He's not a make or break type recruit but I think is certainly good enough to play at the D1 level. I could see him being a Colin Sandeman type player (if he's your best receiver, probably not a good thing but he'd make a very good complimentary 3rd or 4th guy in the WR room).

Is it WR or nothing with him?

Rob reports he is a thicker kid ... what about TE? He’s already as fast as Hock...?

If he doesn’t have the hands, what about Safety or Cash or LB? Can he tackle? Can he block?

Staff may be waiting on answers to those same questions. They are usually pretty good at moving kids to a position they will be able to excel at in the college game, as long as they have that competitive internal drive to do so.

Maybe they aren’t sure about that question, yet, either.

Camp should be over with, so I am hoping to hear about how Jace fared, along with some other names.

It was a hand injury. Cost him a majority of the season.

As others have noted, he hasn't done a ton on the varsity level as of yet. He was moved up from the Soph team about midway thru the season his sophomore year and looked like he belonged but didn't get a ton of touches. I believe he was a RB up until that point, then they moved with to WR. Last year, he started off somewhat quiet (they had a pretty good RB in Keegan Simmons who was the main offensive focus) and then Jace got hurt and missed the rest of the season. In my mind, he's not nearly as dynamic as Keenan Simmons was the last two years for Prairie or as Jalen Rima (WR at UNI) was for them before that. He's not a make or break type recruit but I think is certainly good enough to play at the D1 level. I could see him being a Colin Sandeman type player (if he's your best receiver, probably not a good thing but he'd make a very good complimentary 3rd or 4th guy in the WR room).

He's Colin Sandeman huh? You base this on what exactly?

No, he's Jace Andregg. But if he ended up going to Iowa had a similar career as Colin I would be very happy for him and the Hawks.

Well I wouldn't be. You do know this kid posted the same composite score as Percy Harvin right? His ceiling is superstar with hopefully a Colin Sandeman floor.

You still haven't answered what you base your prediction on.

I can see some parallels. They both excelled during spring combines. This is the time when Martin began reeling in offers, during June camps. I'm not sure where else JA is camping after Iowa.

A-level comprehension skills.
potential soft parallel ≠ clone of player or path

Just don't drink any koolaid when your in Ames. Hale-Bopp is flying by that night.

To put Andregg's performance into perspective, Oliver Martin posted a 133.02 before his senior season. Martin was the WR MVP at the Chicago regional that year.

Iowa has been recruiting Andregg for a few years. He's visited multiple times including for recent junior day. He transferred from Cedar Rapids Prairie after last season.

OK. Here's where people start asking why Iowa hasn't offered Jace.

If IOWA offered Deasfernandes... they should sure as hell offer Andregg

Latest posts