Elite Eight Hawkeyes-Cardinals Game Thread

What in the world was up with two of those late fouls by Louisville? It looked like they were playing tackle football. Should've been an immediate ejection.
That's the Caitlin effect. Third game in a row where it happened. They throw everything they have at her and she still excels. They know they did what they could and she still ended their season/career.

Never seen anything like it... What's she gonna do next? 50 pt triple dub in championship game? I wouldn't bet against her anymore. It's unreal what she's doing. If she's not the runaway POY then just do away with it. IDC how biased some might be out east. Either do right by the game or step aside. Clark is as transcendent a player as there's ever been and probably ever will be. Boston is just another big tall girl that can make 10 foot bank shots to put up 14 pts and 10 rbs. There's always girls like that out there. There's never been a Clark before....

I have been telling friends and relatives who are not avid basketball fans

That she is the best basketball player I have ever seen, Man or Woman

That includes everybody

Might be a bit swayed because she graduated from my high school and is a Hawk

:cool:

Never seen anything like it... What's she gonna do next? 50 pt triple dub in championship game? I wouldn't bet against her anymore. It's unreal what she's doing. If she's not the runaway POY then just do away with it. IDC how biased some might be out east. Either do right by the game or step aside. Clark is as transcendent a player as there's ever been and probably ever will be. Boston is just another big tall girl that can make 10 foot bank shots to put up 14 pts and 10 rbs. There's always girls like that out there. There's never been a Clark before....

There is no Way Boston could rewarded Player of the Year

Literally impossible

If it is Boston, there will be rioting in the streets

Blood will be spilled, buckets of it

Damn

That's the Caitlin effect. Third game in a row where it happened. They throw everything they have at her and she still excels. They know they did what they could and she still ended their season/career.

Complete frustration and inability to process how much better Caitlin is than any
other player on the floor

They become aware of how much superior she to everyone of them

Yeah, That's It

:cool:

Absolutely incredible!i can’t believe there aren’t postings on this amazing feat! Beyond awesome for an Iowa fan. Clark has done things NO basketball player has EVER done!

Perhaps Man or Woman

Her game is complete, and she is in charge from the opening tip to the bitter end for the opponents

She is right up there with Larry Bird and Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson, and Steph Curry

And she still has 1/2 years of college left, their game blossomed completely in the NBA

I did see Bird score 53 points at Vet Auditorium against Drake

He broke Oscar Robertson's record of 52 points which I saw at Vets Auditorium against Drake

She is in that league

I might be a bit biased, but I do stand by my personal opinion

Last edited:
What in the world was up with two of those late fouls by Louisville? It looked like they were playing tackle football. Should've been an immediate ejection.

Women, LOL. Certainly more emotionally wired. GA, CO, LOU all got sore and acted out at the end of the games. Worse than the men for sure. Bad sports and lucky nobody got hurt. Won't be surprised to hear about one of these late game sore loser shoves ending up into a table or something and a broken nose or concussion or some such happening.

There is no Way Boston could rewarded Player of the Year

Literally impossible

If it is Boston, there will be rioting in the streets

Blood will be spilled, buckets of it

Damn
I'm prepared to hear that she's not gonna be a unanimous winner. I have a feeling Clark will win. But I have a feeling Boston will get a significant amount of votes... The jealousy and bias is rich amongst the east coasters.

Dickie V was just tweeting last night like he'd just heard of this Clark gal for the first time. He was all acting surprised at her play and asking how she compares to Paige Bueckers. Like this is Dickie V. You'd think someone who's Mr Basketball at ESPN would know more about her. Bueckers hasn't done squat for 2 yrs now from being hurt. Just goes to show how deep and casual some folks are.

So factor in the biased blow hards at ESPN and blue blood schools fans and anything is possible. But I'm with you how anyone that watched her last night and then look at what she's done all yr (and last yr) think anything different is beyond me.

Latest posts