ELI CARTER COMING TO IOWA PER TWEET..

Basabe is a unique situation, given that he had already committed to Fran, so to speak.

Very true, but still Basabe committed to U of I without ever stepping foot on campus. I think same can happen with Carter. I'm sure he has met the coaches, but hasn't stepped one foot in Iowa. Hopefully he will commit to us on FAITH!!!

Very true, but still Basabe committed to U of I without ever stepping foot on campus. I think same can happen with Carter. I'm sure he has met the coaches, but hasn't stepped one foot in Iowa. Hopefully he will commit to us on FAITH!!!

NOT true. Mel took a visit to IC before committing. Actually, he didn't commit until he returned home from his visit. Check back through the posts on this site, you'll find it.

Very strange to get a commit that hasn't visited. Didn't Quentin Alston commit to the football team without visiting after he de-commited from Pitt?

NOT true. Mel took a visit to IC before committing. Actually, he didn't commit until he returned home from his visit. Check back through the posts on this site, you'll find it.

Very strange to get a commit that hasn't visited. Didn't Quentin Alston commit to the football team without visiting after he de-commited from Pitt?

This is correct, Mel did visit IC prior to his commitment.

Basabe didn't visit before he committed. It does happen, even here at Iowa!!

Basabe DID visit Iowa before committing... It's funny how fans on these boards try to justify how an important recruit might commit without a visit.

Here is my source.. he visited 4/27 and committed on 5/1. If you type in Basabe Iowa Visit into google a bunch of other articles come up.

Melsahn Basabe - Yahoo! Sports

Edit: I didn't read all of the posts, but here is a link...

Basabe DID visit Iowa before committing... It's funny how fans on these boards try to justify how an important recruit might commit without a visit.

Here is my source.. he visited 4/27 and committed on 5/1. If you type in Basabe Iowa Visit into google a bunch of other articles come up.

Melsahn Basabe - Yahoo! Sports

Edit: I didn't read all of the posts, but here is a link...

Regardless, even if Basabe didn't visit, it would have been different. I would guess that he visited Sienna? He was already committed to Fran, and chose to make the move. Carter is a free agent. Totally different scenarios, even more so given that Basabe did in fact visit IC.

So until now I assumed everyone was just being smart ***** with all of this talk of "God's Gift" and didn't realize it was an actual player's name. Wow. Can't wait to hear Raftery or Gus Johnson calling one of his games, wherever he goes to school.