Elephant in the room.. regarding Stanley.

I was just looking at numbers from the game. Was curious about how many drops we had. Stanley def needs to clean some things up and place the ball better for a better chance for YAC but his day really wasn't as bad as some may be making it out. Add the two drops to his completions and his percentage would've been 64% that's really not to bad. Hopefully the passing game is close to starting to click. Nate seems to me to be aiming the ball instead of trusting himself and letting it fly freely.

I'm with you here...but when most of the passes are not over 15 yards or even 10 yards...64% is probably low.

I'm with you here...but when most of the passes are not over 15 yards or even 10 yards...64% is probably low.
what you said got me wondering as well, I looked at Tom Brady's career stats in the NFL 64% completion percentage and 7.5 yards per attempt. So yeah I'd agree 64% maybe a bit low, for as short of passes that he throws the majority of the time, but I think I'd take it for sure. He definitely needs to step it up some but if our receivers could hang onto the ball on the passes he is getting close it sure would be helpful. It makes it tough to string together a nice drive when they are dropping passing that he actually throws well. I wonder if it's not getting into his head cause like I said earlier he really seems to be aiming the ball to me and trying to be perfect when he really only needs to get it close and let the receivers do their job.

In Stanley’s last 6 games, he is a combined 72/144 for 783 yds with 5 tds and 3 ints. That comes to 12-24 for 130 yds per game. For us to be a championship team, that MUST improve.

Jon said it's not regression on the podcast today - because 10 of his 26 tds came in two games. Maybe he's just trending back to the mean.

Against Mommouth and Purdont. Cool!
The argument I'm throwing out (for just stirring the pot purposes) Is between Stanley having looked bad against ISU and NIU as opposed to Wiegers who's looked good against Monmouth and Purdue so far...
It's not exactly Manning to Brady that I'm doing here haha

Jon said it's not regression on the podcast today - because 10 of his 26 tds came in two games. Maybe he's just trending back to the mean.

I don't think it's regression either....I just think the more tape teams got on him, the better they played him....OSU notwithstanding. So now its up to the offensive coaches to put a game plan together against Wisky that can generate some rhythm and sustained drives.

Watch film, analyze, teach, practice, repeat.

It will get better, I'll bet ya quite a bit of beer............

No but he can help teach him the right footwork.

O'Keefe can't move Stanley's feet for him. He can teach him all the right things but it's up to Stanley to learn and perform them. Do you have reason to believe that O'Keefe is not teaching that or are you just reaching because Stanley isn't doing it? (Rhetorical question, I know it's the latter). I love all the forum warriors who see something on the field and immediately blame the coaches. The guys who have been successful for 20-30 years and not the guy who has been struggling for 1-2.

O'Keefe can't move Stanley's feet for him. He can teach him all the right things but it's up to Stanley to learn and perform them. Do you have reason to believe that O'Keefe is not teaching that or are you just reaching because Stanley isn't doing it? (Rhetorical question, I know it's the latter). I love all the forum warriors who see something on the field and immediately blame the coaches. The guys who have been successful for 20-30 years and not the guy who has been struggling for 1-2.

I'm reaching. Oftentimes, something like this is both the teacher and the student's fault. The teacher isn't finding a good way to get it through the student's head what to do but the student isn't following through like he should either. KOK has been around for two seasons so I'd say some blame lies with both of them.

I'm reaching. Oftentimes, something like this is both the teacher and the student's fault. The teacher isn't finding a good way to get it through the student's head what to do but the student isn't following through like he should either. KOK has been around for two seasons so I'd say some blame lies with both of them.
Sorry wasn't calling you out specifically as you're one of the insightful posters on this board, just the few others who do nothing but bitch and moan these days. I don't get why this forum is so toxic while others aren't.

Latest posts